Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

It Wasn't Just a Phase

This one is cedar, nagarmotha, and moss. I end up with a somewhat clean fougere blackened by cedar and patchouli. It's oddly gender neutral toward masculine on me, and for those of you that like clean musk/fougeres, give this a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

There's the mystery oudh again -- not listed, but there it is. Unfortunately, the barnyard kind. I guess that's the nagarmotha, as it's not quite as strong as actual oudh is.  I sorta get the cedar and patchouli but they're being overshadowed by that indolic effect. The throw is very faint and longevity not great either, so I will have to give this one a pass. Just a phase. 

I'm hesitant to write a review for this, as it has become a favorite but is difficult to explain. Yes, it starts off a bit worrisome with the nagarmotha threatening to go poudh but it smooths out into the most glorious wood pulpy dark incense scent which made that worry seem almost silly. I am utterly in love with this scent. It is, like I said, a glorious wood pulpy incense. I can smell the patchouli and the dark vegetal musk and the moss but none of them stand out. I am thrilled that I was able to buy a bottle (or 2, lol) today!!! 

Eta: I cannot believe this oil hasn't had more love. This has become one of my top 5 and I just bought another bottle. Glorious. And grounding. And I can't wear poudh...it isn't here. (May '21)

Eta2: The worrysome introduction is not lasting more than 5 minutes now (hooray for aging!) and I still love this so so much. It has become a comfort scent for me. I'm not sure if it's the moss, but there is a definite floral overtone to this that is becoming a bit more pronounced and it is intriguing. I don't understand why there isn't more love for this gem, but I will love it for everyone! (Dec '21)

Edited by HerbGirl

i was hesitant to write this reivew but wanted to get something down because so little has been said. i've skin tested this a couple times now, and i still don't know how to feel about it.

wet: spicy, moss fougere with musk. the nagarmotha is yelling at me, and i don't like it.

dry: i prefer it much more in this phase. the musk is strong and balancing, and it really makes this blend enjoyable for me. the nagarmotha has settled down *alot* and i'm getting to enjoy the other woody notes i love (patch, moss)

verdict: i like this when dry, but it isn't a bottle for me.... i prefer it over st. lois; and it's definitely an interesting one to test and analyze. this imp should definitely go to someone who will love it more than i. 

Edited by murqmaid