Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Overgrown ivy creeping through a neglected lavender patch, a whiff of long-forgotten cologne, indigo oudh, mahogany,

and teakwood, ti leaf, ectoplasmic musk, and aged leather.

This is so cozy & sleepy. A nice, lush lavender with powerful green notes & faint woods. I can get the leather & oudh notes at the end of a good sniff. As it fades the ectoplasm & cologne comes forward, but the lavender is still on top. I plan to wear this at night or after bath time.

Relying on notes here because I apparently tested this but forgot to actually write a review.

I wrote down lavender, oudh, and leather. Yup. There you have it.

I said to myself, "Self, you can't go through life afraid of ectoplasmic musk. You drank Ecto Cooler as a child. The rest of the notes sound tremendous. Get thee to Black Haüs!" So I did. 

Freshly applied, one finds oneself in the ivy and lavender, and these notes seem to be all over the Haüs. As the scent opens up, the cologne and wood notes emerge ...along with the ectoplasm! It's got a terribly lovely misty sort of quality, very ephemeral/spectral. I'm not getting anything indolic from this indigo oudh, and the aged leather takes awhile to appear, but both notes blend very nicely into the rest. 

Apparently I never reviewed this, and apparently, this is woefully underrated. Leather and lavender from The Mountebank and John Locke join hands yet again with a spicy woods/ivy/light oudh/ti/musk that brings to mind Theodosius or Jareth sitting with you on the porch chair while the house silently dies around you but this is fine because your love is forever, lol. I could also see a dude in a well worn black leather coat rolling up to the club smelling like this after some urban exploring around a decaying mansion.

Fans of Rogue, The Mountebank, John Locke, and the creepy house vibes from Crimson Peak and some of the Poe offerings need to saddle up to this one already. The oudh behaves and is not indolic.

Hella sexy, hella bitchin', and hella transporting.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak