Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  

Soapy cotton in the bottle. Goes on as Ivory soap and aftershave. Ooh, this is not a nice soap. This might be the same one from Wensleydale, which I really did not like. Dries down to aftershave. (Sorry, Beth.) What happened to the tobacco and tea?

Tea, cotton, aftershave and a smidge of tobacco. I think the most prominent note is starched cotton, and its very gender neutral and very proper. This one is a very "clean laundry" smell. You know, its the smell of wholesomeness, parental responsibility, and properly starched cotton. Good throw and wear length.

Pipe tobacco is a scent my skin chemistry tends to devour (Hellfire -- I get nothing).  I keep trying, hoping for that pipe tobacco holy grail.  Frequently the same disappearing act happens with tea.  Sadly, Mr. Young on my skin is clean, almost soapy, with a discreet aftershave.  If you like Dirty and other scents that are advertised as clean, this ought to fit the bill nicely, and it's definitely work appropriate.  I just wanted some tea and some pipe tobacco to go with it and they don't show up on my skin.  But I'm so pleased I got to try this thanks to the PIF of a generous forumite!!!

Soapy laundry detergent when wet. I can see the resemblance to starched white cotton when dry (10 minutes)-- a clean scent, a touch creamy and a bit floral... Is that ylang ylang? This is really lovely here. During dry down I get a soapy aftershave and maybe black tea. No tobacco noticeable.
Good throw and wear length.