Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I mainly get lavender, sweet hops and a whiff of violet. This is really a sort of masculine lavender blend. Comfy, cozy, with a hint of an attitude. It's like a worn in leather jacket - but made of leather.

I had to try this because of the lavender, but sadly, this one just did not work out for me. The lavender and the violet leaf are the strongest notes on my skin, backed by the red labdanum and sweet hops. There's lots of violet in this violet leaf, which makes this really powdery on me.

I was hoping the violet leaf in this would be more herbal and behave, but this one just does not agree with my skin chemistry. :(

This is TKO with a slightly diabolical undertone--something just a little bit "off," a bit smoky and a tiny bit too sweet (but not in a cloying way that makes this unbearable). It comes across as an olfactory portrait of someone trying to sleep but not really understanding how sleep works. Perfect for what Crowley ultimately does in the book. 

Great bedtime scent if you want something a bit more unconventional than TKO.  10/10 from me!

Lavender never lasts on me, though I had hopes for blackened lavender.  Violet almost never works on me (Elf being the exception).  But I love labdanum and hops, and I was excited to try this out-of-my-wheelhouse scent thanks to a generous forum PIF.  And it almost worked!  It's an unusual lavender, strong and dark, with some sweetness from the hops and labdanum, which doesn't have the fizzy quality I'm used to.  (Not sure I've ever tried red labdanum.)  The violet leaf at first seemed more herbal than violety.  But as it dries down, the lavender predictably wears off on me, and the violet kicks up, with its powdery elderly great-aunt qualities.  The labdanum and hops can't hold it back.  If you can do violet and lavender lasts on you, this is a novel lavender blend and well worth trying.  

This reminds me of a bedtime version of Lurid (lavender and ozone) which has been oos for a long time. It really does help me sleep, Upstart Crow's review above is hilarious and dead on. 

On 10/6/2019 at 1:28 PM, Upstart Crow said:

It comes across as an olfactory portrait of someone trying to sleep but not really understanding how sleep works.