Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Don't Touch

And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: the green rolling hills of the First Garden, a scattering of apple blossoms and apple pulp, a handful of pomegranate seeds, and a soft, serpentine hiss of poisonous green musk, opoponax, and frankincense.

Wet: Apple blossoms, and straight up apple! I think I'm getting some of the green musk as well. The apple scent in this blend is probably the best one I've smelled from the lab; it's fresh, and has a bite to it. I'm on board!

Dry: NOOO. That delicious fresh apple scent is totally gone. Actually, my skin has eaten most of this scent in general. All that remains is what I would describe as a light apple blossom musk.

Fabulous wet stage, disappointing dry down. I still think this is worth trying if you're looking for a juicy apple scent; it may work better on your skin than mine!

First on, this smells like green grass.  It's like a freshly mown lawn that was full of grass and honeyed wildflowers, now all chopped up and sappy in the sunshine.  As it dries down, I can smell the apple-y components, and it reminds me of the scent of a crabapple tree, which is more of a green, fresh, tart scent (but not sweet tarts candy - this all smells very natural and realistic to me).  It's not going artificial or air-freshener apple on my skin at all, which is pretty amazing.  It smells like my actual yard, full of grass, native wildflowers, and prairiefire crabapple trees.  The green musk, I think, smells like a hint of pulpy, green bamboo in the drydown, and every once in a while I catch whiffs of tart pomegranate or a whisper of dark incense, but those things are barely there and ephemeral.  This is truly beautiful on my skin and a green scent that I will actually wear.  It reminds me of the green and grassy scents that LUSH often comes out with, that smell very true to nature.  I love this and I'm glad I took a chance on a full bottle.

Fresh apples, grass, and a whiff of dark incense. This one is a fresh apple blend. Green. Medium throw, low wear length.

This starts off strong on the green apple pulp and apple blossom on me, backed by a field of green grass. It gradually darkens with wear, as the green musk and opoponax slink through the scent, but after several hours, it ends up being an apple blossom-infused musk on me. It's pleasant, but I already have Bestiare du Moyen Age (which I prefer) for that.

On skin, and in bottle, this blend smells like apples.  That about it.  I can tell you that if you put this in a diffuser, something really cool will happen and you will get to smell the apple blossom flowers, which are so sweet and creamy.  I actually thought, "ahh, so this is what Eden smelled like."  If you are willing to spare a few drops, you will not regret the transformative experience; your home will smell amazing.

I purchased a decant of this (from 2019) from a fellow forumite. For a couple months, I could not get myself to test it further than a mild dab on my hand. The apple smell was overpowering, and it reminded me of a green apple candy or air freshener rather than apple blossom or pulp.

I'm glad I forced myself to give it a proper try. That apple candy scent fades fast, thank goodness, and becomes much more of a fresh smashed apple smell. This is not a sweet and fermented smell like a trampled crab apple, but more like you just smashed an apple with a mallet and can smell the flesh and freshly bruised skin. The apple fades back further and a spicy-green smell takes over, which reminds of firm, shiny leaves crushed between your fingers. At this point, I start getting whiffs of the sweet-tart pomegranate and the frankincense. After reading the review above, I get that creamy apply blossom note just below everything else.

All in all, it is not something I will necessarily buy a bottle of - I don't know how often I would wear it. However, I see myself using up this decant this summer.

Was recently frimped a decant of this. In the decant: Apples! Lots of fresh apple and apple blossom. Once on, hints of dark greens and resins emerge in the background. I never quite pick up the pomegranate. This one fades fast on me, but it's basically bright, fresh apple with a mildly sinister deep green undercurrent.

This is exactly as described.

I'm not an apple fan, but I love the concept and bottle art. It's green apple to me with snakey sinister undertones. Haven't picked out the pomegranate seed yet, which is funny because that's what I had for a snack today not knowing it was in my perfume! 

I do detect the pomegranate in the end, it adds something sweet and sour but you wouldn't know it's there unless you read the description. 

Edited by scentedbythesun

A startled apple tree awoke in a rainforest, and surprisingly, flowered and flourished far from its midwestern orchard home amongst the lush, humid jungle vegetation; or, a few ripe apple slices hidden in the midst of a tropical fruit platter, touched on one side by tart pineapple, the other by jammy guava.