Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

I Sit and Sew

Silk threads unraveling: sheer vanilla and violet leaf with jasmine sambac, white musk, and tea leaf.

I sit and sew – a useless task it seems,
My hands grown tired, my head weighed down with dreams –
The panoply of war, the martial tred of men,
Grim-faced, stern-eyed, gazing beyond the ken
Of lesser souls, whose eyes have not seen Death,
Nor learned to hold their lives but as a breath –
But – I must sit and sew.

I sit and sew – my heart aches with desire –
That pageant terrible, that fiercely pouring fire
On wasted fields, and writhing grotesque things
Once men. My soul in pity flings
Appealing cries, yearning only to go
There in that holocaust of hell, those fields of woe –
But – I must sit and sew.

The little useless seam, the idle patch;
Why dream I here beneath my homely thatch,
When there they lie in sodden mud and rain,
Pitifully calling me, the quick ones and the slain?
You need me, Christ! It is no roseate dream
That beckons me – this pretty futile seam,
It stifles me – God, must I sit and sew?
– Alice Moore Dunbar-Nelson

this is so lovely! it starts with vanilla, tea and a hint of violet and jasmine, it's so pretty. the notes are blended perfectly, but mostly it's like a slightly sweet candied jasmine with tea. it's got a nice creaminess that isn't overwhelming. so pretty and light and perfect for spring and summer.

I often avoid scents that mention jasmine in the notes because it's usually a screaming high pitched floral note that overwhelms the rest of the scent and gives me a headache... but in this blend, the jasmine behaves itself wonderfully. 

Lovely notes of candied florals (mostly the violet, but yes, the jasmine is here too) riding a wave of soft sheer vanilla on a bed of clean refreshing tea. Very pretty, very feminine, definitely a good spring and summer blend.

Oh god, fresh jasmine, vanilla and a whiff white tea. This smells fresh, delightful and outside and I really sort of adore this. 

This is lovely. A light, watery vanilla-floral that feels both innocent and sophisticated.  Feels like a floral lilith blend, cousin in spirit to venustas. 

The main players in this scent on me are the vanilla and jasmine. It's creamy and sweet jasmine, very pillowy and like a cousin of La Prostitution et la Folie Dominent le Monde. Though with the white musk, and the greeness of the violet leaf and tea (very crisp, I think it might be white tea) make this very fresh. 

Tea note reigns strong here, but I don't mind too much.  After a bit, a whiff of the violet, but not detecting vanilla, jasmine sambac, or musk, (which initially scared me off as I'm not a huge fan of the white variety).  Lovely, and I'm glad I have the imp.

Edited by milo
parenthesis

I’m having the same experience as milo, mostly tea (white) and a bit of violet, though I do get some muskiness. I was hoping for more of the previous reviewers experience, jasmine & vanilla freshened by the other notes. On the drydown I’m getting more hints of them, especially the vanilla. Violet is not usually my jam, and I already have some white tea loves, so I’ll probably pass this decant along or use it for room fragrance. 

Glad to have the chance to try this scent! I’ll be on the look out for some more of the Unbound scents now...

Update: I tried out my decant recently to see if I wanted a full bottle, and at the moment decided against it. Since that day, I keep returning to my decant before bed! The freshness of the tea and almost tart violet go well with the powdery vanilla embrace, making me feel clean and comforted as I get ready for sleep. I still think this scent as an atmo spray would be great.... do I want the bottle?! 

Edited by artisjok

Okay, I think Jasmine sambac is like my "me" scent, which goes into making this scent absolutely heavenly on my skin.  Soft, sweet, feathery light, and just perfect for those too hot days, or not hot enough days, or days when you feel like you need to warp yourself in something cozy, or any day.  Yes, any day.  I could bathe in this scent.  I want to bathe in this scent. 

Enough with the flowery (heh) stuff.  I get the jasmine, the violet leaf which isn't quite as green as you would imagine, the tea leaf which gives a nice base and the vanilla that wraps around it.  The white musk acts more like a sheer veil - keeping it from overpowering while still allowing the scent to come through.

Oh, lovely! Gentle candy-like florals with soft vanilla and shimmery light (white? Maybe green?) tea create a beautifully breezy scent perfect for spring and summer. It smells very pastel purple, green and white to me. Absolutely LOVELY 🥰

I've learned that applying this scent with moderation on my skin does the trick.

I get a piercing thin sweet vanilla tea leaf scent on the drydown. The tea leaf is a white tea leaf variety to my nose  No jasmine ever showed up on my skin.

This reminds me of Iulia, L'Artiste du Diable from the Carnivale line, which is more complex.

A sophisticated green tea! It has slight floral nuances and the vanilla really just smooths things out rather than making anything sweet. After it dries down it gets a lil sweeter and is just really gorgeous.