Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Hellbeard Beard Oil

I was worried this would smell really heavy, resiny, and dark. For tobacco lovers, it falls right in line, with a masculine edge that's the right amount of dark. Husband describes it as sexy musk and tobacco. The musk is on the softer side, almost sweet. Gunpowder is hardly recognizable. This is great for guys that want to smell masculine without all the gross cologne smells usually associated with typical men's cologne. In his words, "This went on smelling like a dangerous dude, but has dried down to nice dude."

As for application, he put a couple drops in his hands, and rubbed them around. For 30 mins, if I ran my hands through his beard, I could feel a tiny bit of oil, but it was hardly noticeable. Typical residue if you left a leave-on conditioner in.

Overall, I think this is a hit! He's a big fan, and I can see us getting another bottle, and being willing to try some of the others.

Edited by torikitty

This one is a musky, clean tobacco, with a whiff of gunpowder underneath. I gave a sample to my bearded coworker, and he approves. In fact, he really enjoys how it smells and will be acquiring more.

Said bearded coworker also proto-tested the Jareth beard oil I believe. The oils are conditioning, absorb quickly, and smell great.

I notice the gunpowder quite a bit in this & I thought there was also some vetiver. It seems gritty & industrial at first, but then it smoothes out as the tobacco develops. My dh really likes this beard oil & it has helped with dry skin on his chin.

Edited by alterosen

I got a decant or Hellboy beard oil in a swap, and have been using it when my hair ends are feeling especially crisp. Surprisingly effective and not greasy at all. 

Scent-wise, I was also surprised. The bourbon must be making a sweetness, almost fruity, that I totally did not expect to get. A warm golden tobacco scent, dipped in bourbon syrup, and laced with smoke and ash. I’d probably be okay with a heavier scent, but I’m sure that on a beard, it’s perfect by being a bit lighter. Pairs well with a lot of my Autumn cozy scents. 

Hell has never smelled so good.

One thing I did not expect is how this oil would take on a somewhat sweeter smell that has some hint of spice behind it. I can suspect that the sweetness comes from the bourbon tobacco, which is not a deterrent at all! I did expect more brimstone/sulfur to be present but that was not the case. There is some gunpowder but is is very subtle to where it’s nearly negligible on me.

I do want to pair this with one of my other brimstone scents for an added pop of Hell. Overall, this scent is a winner for me.

I'm a little sad that I didn't get a second bottle for us (bought one for us, another as a gift), but I don't know how long this keeps so...oh well.

This is much sweeter than we expected, and it's really pleasant. Loving the bourbon tobacco. I don't pickup on the brimstone or gunpowder on Hub's beard, but I do get something peculiar (in a good way). Both Hubs & his buddy like the scent, and beards feel good, not greasy; so a win-win all around.