Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ganeida smells more like an aquatic floral to me, the lavender is the salty type of lavender, which sort of adds to the aquatic presence. It's a sweet aquatic floral though. Medium throw and wear length.

Powdered laundry soap. It's a nice powdered laundry soap, but that's pretty much all I get out of this. Hella throw.

Well, what do you know? So far, this is my favorite! This is like the clean laundry version of Aegir. Like salty lavender, which isn't overpowering. I totally dig this. Throw wasn't too overpowering for me, and it dried down to something reasonable pretty quickly. I think lavender fans would appreciate something a little different, and laundry lovers might appreciate something more subtle.

I agree with the lavender laundry reviews. Ganeida features a lavender that almost seems like it has been iced to me. I mean, there's no cooling effect, but it makes me thinks of a salty, clean, aquatic lavender. I tested this twice, and I wasn't able to identify the herbs in this either time, but I will say that it gets more herbal with wear, and I don't get much honey from this at all.

Even though I am a lavender fiend, I don't feel the need to upgrade to a bottle of this one, but I think I'll hang on to my decant.

Soapy lavender! I actually buy a lavender scented laundry detergent, and this is very similar. Not soapy in a bad way, but in a fresh clean way. The herbs keep it from turning too soapy, while the lavender has good throw. This is not a sleepy-time scent, but is something very nice that could be worn practically anywhere.

Ganeida does have a clean tone to it, yet also sweetness. The herbs are dried and the honey is only a smidge. It’s a soft comforting clean, like a bed freshly made, so inviting after a long day of grueling work. I’d totally dig a linen spray made of Ganeida, especially during the hot sticky summer. 
Glad I got the chance to test this scent, as I’ve been curious since it was released. It’s pleasant enough, yet doubt I’ll seek out any more unless I decide to make that linen spray.

In the imp: Lavender, honey, and dew-covered herbs.

Wet: Aquatic notes, backed by strong lavender, white sage, a weird hit of fennel, and maybe a touch of parsley?

Dry: Quite lovely; there's barely any honey, but the lavender is sweet and lush, tempered by the gentleness of sage and a combination of herbs that smells more than anything like blue eucalypts. Would absolutely invest in a bottle.

Shorter-than-average lifespan of 6-8hrs, mild throw.

Stars: ★★★★★