Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Velvet Lilly

Cat Event Exorcist

Get thee behind me, kitty! Sleek, buttery brown musk, clove husk, frankincense, holy water, olive wood crucifixes, and hairball accord.

(Just kidding: no hairballs.)

This is going to sound brazen, but..... If you love the Lupers, and are a fan of the Dildos in the Shunga collections, you'll love this.

As we passed this bottle around I got nods of " oh yeaahhhh" when I said this carries the same olive wood and oil, and pretty musk of those, yet the holy water and other notes, balance this out to be more elegant. (not a word you'd expect for a silly named scent) Elegant and refined and yet hinting at shenanigans. 

The holy water doesn't make this an aquatic scent, for me. It seems to balance out the rest. 

No hairball either, I'm relieved to say! 

Again, if you like the specific and fun woods and oils of the Shunga dildo scents, you'll love the elevated, not so in your face with smut, version this bottle holds.

Meow. ❤️

I smelled and tested this at the DSLE. 

First, I was relieved that this contains a *cold* hairball accord. If it actually has one. Those of us with cats know that NOTHING IS AS HORRID AS WARM WET FURBALL. Cold furballs though are quite innocuous. 

In the bottle this smelled warm and fuzzy and reminded me of Bears of Berlin, minus the cider note that wasn’t actually in the notes and confused my nose since it was cider spice with no apple. That cider note appeared after I wore Bears for ten minutes. But that first ten minutes that Bears was all warm and fuzzy and made me wanna dive into something fluffy and give hugs, that’s what cat event exorcist is about. That’s in the bottle.

On the skin I still smelled the warm soft brown musk, but, also got the olive wood and clove? It is so well blended that none of the scents dominated, I was worried the Frank would try and dominate, but it didn’t. The scent stayed soft on my skin. 

Still, on my skin this didn’t go into perfume territory, and basically stayed more soft than bold. I found it comforting. I am really enjoying the labs brown musk note, if you do as well, this is a win. 

Hm.  I'm not getting much of the listed notes.  On the label, the cat is vomiting up some electric green slime, and that's the color impression that I get from this.  It's like a sour, unripe, lemony, chemical scent.  Over some woods.  With a hint of green.  It's sort of like polishing a wooden table with lemon pledge, but more chemical and not as sweet as pledge furniture polish is.  I had an aversion to it for the first two hours, and then it faded into a barely there, warm, powdery, musky thing with a hint of that weird chemical, clean, lemony something.  I bought this for the label art, but I'm not really enjoying the scent at all.

I actually kinda love this. It’s a cool toned brown fuzzy cuddly musk.its soft and cool. It lasts 3-4 hours on me before it becomes more of a cozy soft skin musk. It’s just close to skin and soft. It’s really making brown musk perform unexpectedly   A touch quiet and cold. I keep thinking slate blue which probably  makes no sense lol. 4/5

In the vial, I smell the holy water, backed by some light woods.

On me, the holy water and olive wood are the first notes that stand out to me, and then the clove husk joins in and becomes quite prominent really fast. The brown musk is the next to join the party and quickly becomes one of the main players as well. It ends up being a light, watery brown musk scent backed by the woods and a tinge of clove. After a few hours, it's mostly brown musk backed by woods (the frankincense is more noticeable behind the olive wood at this point).

This is in the same scent family as The Small Brown Cat, but I already have a bottle of that one and like it more, so I don't need to hold on to my decant of this one. But if you're looking for a hairball-free, woody brown musk, this one is for you.

Holy water, olive wood, frankincense and a touch of musk. This is like a woody, musky, frankincense on me. It's a warm and sort of cuddly scent? Medium throw and wear length.

OMG I pulled out my bottle and slathered away with abandon. I haven't worn this in a year! Why not, I say? This is delightful. A warm spicy musk. My skin amps clove so that is foremost, and that's a good thing. Frankincense is barely detectable on my skin for a change. This is woodsy, warm, and feels like brown fur. This scent isn't too heavy for summer; in fact it's perfect for these late summer days where I'm ready to begin pulling out my Weenies.*  I'm going to put this into heavier rotation. Also, it reminds me somewhat of Spicebush Swallowtail and Fledgling Raptor Moon. I don't death match because I love to keep all my bottles and wear them. But my FRM is getting very low and now I have something in that familiar scent family to wear.

*No Weenies were pulled in the making of this review. 

On me, Cat Event Exorcist combines cuddly brown musk with woods.  I don't get an aquatic component, though the holy water may be contributing a cool feeling that balances the warmth of the musk.  I only get a whisper of dry clove, and if I hadn't looked at the ingredient list, I wouldn't have noticed the frankincense.  The soft drydown is gently woody brown musk, and it stays at this skin scent level for quite a while.  

Let me preface this by saying that I lose my sense of smell several weeks ago due to COVID and it's just coming back, so I may be missing things here.  I'm doing my best, though!

I was nervous about the holy water and olive wood.  It turns out I had a good reason to fear them...for maybe 15 minutes, tops, since they give way to the rest of the scent and don't really seem to come back.

First on, this is nothing but holy water and olive wood.  Not good.  But, given a little time, it blossoms into a spicy (its clove, but..different; more dry and ethereal somehow?), softly musky scent with a little touch of incense.

My one real complaint (I can get past the "yuck notes" stage) is that this one has such a faint throw and scent.  But that could just be my nose.  I have a weak sense of smell, so for all I know, it's got throw like a major league pitcher and I just can't tell. :unsure: