Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthrope

Sip of Glass

Cheers! Shards of white musk and brittle white olibanum glinting with muguet, Riesling grapes, ambergris accord, and elemi.

Wet, it's a subdued champagney scent, with maybe a hint of aquatic (ambergris?).  

Immediately on, I get a TON of the ambergris as a salty waxy resin, then the olibanum (frankincense) delicately in the background, first... then, well, here comes the muguet, as a chorus of waxy flowers, just rising to the middle of the pack.  I can definitely get a bit more of the smoky olibanum as time passes, any hint of champagne is not overpowering.  Oh!  There's maybe a hint of my beloved Sea of Glass, but it... doesn't go all the way to that crystal clarity, it's a bit more fluffy with the powdery white musk and ambergris working together to ensure this is not super high pitched.  

I'd say maybe it's a variant of Sea of Glass with more smokyness due to the olibanum.  Now that I smell this on me, I have to wonder if Sea of Glass (which has no listed notes) also has a bit of ambergris accord.  

I'm not sure what elemi smells like.  My brain does this thing where I see 'elemi' and think 'emu,' which are not the same thing... 

This is an interesting scent for sure.  Throw is low-moderate, but when I get a whiff it's arresting.

Silvery champagne with ambergris and something murky. I get champagne the most after I first apply. As it dries and wears the ambergris starts to come out more until it rivals the champagne notes. I cannot pick out the other notes, but I can tell something else is lurking in the scent and it adds to the ambergris, giving it almost a murky edge.

Wet: Strong on the champagne, with a touch of ambergris. Almost like a watered down champagne scent.

Dry: Basically the same as the wet stage. Watered down champagne, through and through. Low throw. 

Champagne, ambergris, and a whiff of frankincense. This is very refined champagne blend. Good throw and wear length.

Ambergris and maybe the top note of whatever Beth uses for fizz (which would be the grapes, I suppose). Goes on as a cold, slightly menthol/citrus ambergris. The grape pre-fizz returns as it dries, which is a note I really like. Starts to turn into generic perfume, but then it dials back and becomes more of the ethereal grace note which is usually on top of the Lab’s “perfumy honey” and here tops the Riesling. Can’t quite decide if it works.

I amp the lab's champagne note to the very highest heaven, and so I can tell you without a doubt that the "grapes" note is very much in the form of champagne, or a note so similar to be identical to my nose. That's all I get here. The Lab's champagne note always manages to be effervescent, while also being soapy and "buttery" at the same time. I should hate it, but I don't. Still, it's single note champagne on me, I don't get any other notes.