Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
samanare

Zombi Sassafras

The sassiest shambling corpse in town. Grave dirt, sassafras root, sarsaparilla, clove, effervescent white ginger, and oakmoss. Smells a bit like undead rootbeer.

Fresh turned dirt and root beer! Dirt starts off as the strongest note and I only get root beer once it wears for a bit. On me it ends up being an equal mix of both. It makes for this very unique scent that I would either describe as sweet, carbonated, turned earth or very rooty root beer.

I am a fan of Zombi and root beer smells, so naturally, I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE. This review is after my bottle has had five days to rest, because I didn't get a chance to try it before now.

In the bottle, I smell the dirt, sassafras, and oakmoss.

On me, the sarsaparilla takes the center stage, but there's some dirt thrown into the mix. It's like Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener with dirt instead of lots of vanilla. Undead rootbeer, indeed! The white ginger does add an effervescent quality to the scent. The oakmoss emerges once the scent is dry and comes out more with wear, eventually becoming a main player on me (but I think I may amp the stuff). I adore clove, but I only get a hint of it here. It's mainly oakmoss, dirt, and what remains of the sassafras on me after several hours of wear.

I am so happy I grabbed this one. :dance:

Undead rootbeer? Heck yes!

This is amazing. It has the dirty ginger effervescence of Eau de Ghoul, with sassafras mixed in. SO GOOD. It instantly puts a smile on my face.

Not much of a morpher, this is much the same as it dries. It really does remind me a lot of Eau de Ghoul, but I am OK with that. Happiness in a bottle!

Effervescent root beer, sassafras with a mild aquatic note. It tends to toggle between a cologne and a rootbeer for me. Good throw and wearlength.

I want to love this - I love sassafrass as a perfume, I love zombi... and it turns my stomach so badly I can't even deal with considering smelling it again to see if it's morphed. There's something about the food / dirt combination that takes me literally to gagging. Sigh. 

Dirty root beer! A little bit of the ginger, clove, and moss in the background. This is like if you replace the roses from Zombi with root beer, so I think if you like the dirt note in that one you should like this! The graveyard dirt keeps this from being really foodie and on me that note is stronger than the root beer.

I was a little cautious about this one, I didn't know how well I'd like dirt and root beer together. But it works well and I'm glad I grabbed a bottle of this!