Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Pink Moon 2019

The name of this moon refers to the color of wild ground phlox, a primary component of this Lunacy Blend, which is one of the most widespread floral signposts of springtime in North America. This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, pink freesia, stargazer lily, tulip, daffodil, pink columbine, delphinium, pink carnation, peony, and muscari, dusted with pink sugar and honey, bourbon vanilla and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

Note: The only other Pink Moon I've tried is 2007, which featured sugared carnation and phlox.

Pink Moon is VERY PINK. And it's very well-blended, so while I was able to detect the phlox, freesia, stargazer lily, pink carnation, and peony among the floral notes, I wouldn't say that it is dominated by one floral note in particular. I am not a really fan of strawberry (or other berry notes) in perfumes, but there really is just a touch of it here. If you're also not a big fan of that note but have tried Love from Pickman Gallery: A Tremulous Song and didn't mind that amount of strawberry, you'll probably be okay with this, too. The pink freesia mingles with it really nicely and gives the scent a sparkly sort of feel. The sugar, honey, and vanilla become more prominent after a few hours of wear, with the honey and sugar being stronger on me than the vanilla. It actually ends up having a bit of a High-Strung Daisies vibe to it after several hours, probably due to the pink carnation and sugar. So if you're a fan of that, or sugary florals in particular, you should definitely try this!

My aunt hugged me and told me how good I smelled while I was wearing this yesterday, so I am not the only one who is a fan!

Lunacy blends usually don't grab me, but I am glad I grabbed a bottle of this one. :D

Pink Moon is a very pink floral, with notes of peony, freesia, lily and phlox. I get a whiff of strawberry, but in general this is mainly a very pink floral, which transitions and has more of a honey/sugar note as it wears through. Good throw and wear length.

Pink. This scent invokes the color, delicate and light. The sweetness is there but not candyish. Rather, this is a bunch of wildflowers smooshed together in a handpicked boquet handed to me by my smiling child. I wish I got the strawberry, but it's being shy. The vanilla is near imperceptible to my nose (and I love me some vanilla), more of a base to hold all the flowers together. As it begins to dry I get whiffs of pale green - almost like sap.

I like this. I don't think I need a bottle since I have other floral/pink scents I enjoy, but I wouldn't pass up a bottle at a good deal.

This scent smells like wildflowers, although like wildflowers, it's pretty light. The honey, vanilla, and strawberry give it a gentle sweetness but don't dominate. A pretty, well-blended floral scent, unobtrusive and springlike. Good for layering.