Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Marshmallow Chick Sanguinem Menstruum

It would indeed be a difficult matter to find anything which is productive of more marvellous effects than the menstrual discharge. On the approach of a woman in this state, must will become sour, seeds which are touched by her become sterile, grafts wither away, garden plants are parched up, and the fruit will fall from the tree beneath which she sits. Her very look, even, will dim the brightness of mirrors, blunt the edge of steel, and take away the polish from ivory. A swarm of bees, if looked upon by her, will die immediately; brass and iron will instantly become rusty, and emit an offensive odour; while dogs which may have tasted of the matter so discharged are seized with madness, and their bite is venomous and incurable.
-Pliny the Elder

The copper tang of blood musk, swept by a cloud of dying bees and red poppies of madness, drizzled over a freshly-microwaved marshmallow treat.

This post is merely a placeholder for future reviews. Whoever is first to review, please report this post using the report button below, so a mod can merge it with yours. Thanks!

Aaaagghhhh!! So Good! 

The OG Sang Mentruum, on me, was amazing on the dry down, but my pH pulled a ton of harsh metallic for most of it's wear, but I love the cause for this, and to be able to help.

This lady... Wow is she gorgeous. Incredibly well balanced.

In the bottle: Blood musk laced honey rounded with poppies and sugary marshmallow.

Wet: Bright blood red musk, almost fruity or jammy, but not quite. This isn't a gourmand scent, per se, but it hints at it. A cousin.

Dry: The bright juiciness tempers down (I don't mean bright as in stringent etc, but wet it was sweeter) and I'm getting more of the gorgeous cloud of honey powder (not her fresh honey note, more like Honey Dust) and that drizzle of marshmallow over poppies. I don't pull the floral at all, but I think it's there to round out the notes.

Soft Medium throw.

This also reminds me of that "old school BPAL" scent.... esoteric and enigmatic, with a sweet touch of fun.

I love it so much. 

The review above is so beautiful and probably totally accurate, but to a less refined sniffer, I got red musk and marshmallow interchangeably. I didn’t think the red musk was fruity. It reminded me of the red musk in Bright Red Dildo. 

Also, it has a bright “bite” on application that’s coppery, but it’s the top note and gone in less than a minute. Wait this out. Then it’s the menstruum note that is the base of the other charity blends, with a fluffy marshmallow. The marshmallow is very FOOFEY. Like the little airy puff of marshmallow that greets you in the nose when you open a brand new bag of marshmallows. I like this layered with the red musk. 

I felt like the marshmallow note kept waving at me. I would think it had receded and only left my wrists with the red musk, then I would get a fresh FOOFEY fluffy whiff. 

I think its a fun Scent.  I would wear this to all the places. It’s not too Gourmand for the workplace, and it doesn’t actually smell like a period. Ha, ha. 

I love OG Sanguinem Menstruum aggresively. 🤣 That being said, Marshmallow Chick is also amazing!

In the bottle, and on first application, it smells about 75% like OG SM to my nose, with this additional...warm/sweet/grainy/creamy note, which alternately reminds me of a quality I got from Creeper Dragon, and different quality I got from Antique Lace.

Dry, the marshmallow builds up a bit of an artificial vanilla-like quality, unfortunately. I can still smell the red musk and honey underneath, but the sweetness its just a little too strong.

It does wear off a bit; after it has faded for an hour or so, it blends a little better, which works much nicer for me. 😊 

Sensual red musk over a bed of fluffy marshmallow goodness. Like a dominatrix with a sweet tooth. This is just the right amount of foodie, just the right amount of elegance—almost feels like it should’ve been a Luper! I LOVE this. Hollywood Babylon is in my top five, and if you liked that, you will flip your shit for this. I’ve only ever backed up two other scents and am considering backing up this! 

I am getting honeyed dragon's blood musk (maybe it's the poppy and the musk giving me that vibe) and marshmallow from this one. I have never tried the original Sanguinem Menstruum, because the blood musk and poppy notes scared me away, but I was curious about this variant due to the marshmallow.

I can't normally do dragon's blood or red musk, but for some reason, this isn't all kinds of wrong on me? I like it more than I thought I would. Now I just need to see how often I'll actually reach for it. :cthulhu:

Fans of Dragon's Milk should try this. :)

Thank you to my lovely fairy for picking this one up for me. :glomp:

This is pretty much Sanguinem Menstruum with a very prevalent marshmallow note. It is honeyed, musky bloody, and a sugary marshmallow coating on all of it. Good throw and wear length. If you liked the original SM, but wanted something slightly sweeter, and more accessible, there you go.

Wet: This smells MUCH lighter than I imagined. (Haven't tried the OG Sanguinem Menstruum.) I totally agree with doomsday_disco; this smells like a honeyed dragon's blood musk. It's really, really lovely.

Dry: Totally reminiscent of Dragon's Milk and Kwamie Cotton. The biggest difference is the musk; this is a far muskier scent than either of the two, but if you like those scents, I imagine you'll enjoy this as well. 

Keeper! 

Wet: Bright red musk and a something that almost seems like a toasted sugared grain.

Drydown: Mostly a sweet red musk forward blend with the slight powderyness I get from dragon's blood.

Dry: Not much remains after a few hours except a sweet marshmallowy scent.

I have not tried the regular Sanguinem Menstruum, but this is so much nicer than I anticipated! Definitely sweet from the marshmallow, but there's a dark blood musk and faint floral lingering in the background. I think there's some honey in here as well. It's really nice, but for sure on the sweeter side of things than dark. Probably won't upgrade, but I enjoyed this!

The copper tang of blood musk, swept by a cloud of dying bees and red poppies of madness, drizzled over a freshly-microwaved marshmallow treat.

I got a free decant of this, dated April 2019. What a treat! Wet on my skin there is just a little sweetness, not cloying or syrupy at all. The musk is honestly the dominating note. However, there's a gourmand note here that I can't quite put my finger on... it's... Toasty! I think what's surprising to me is that this is much more salty than it is sweet. What does salty smell like, you wonder? Well, here you go. I like this a lot I think, it's very interesting and I keep on wanting to sniff myself!