Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
doomsday_disco

Cool It

An oil for helping ameliorate anxiety and soothe nerves stressed to breaking.

Wild frankincense essential oil, lavender absolute, and copaiba balsam with chamomile and jasmine flowers and peppermint leaf from the TAL garden.

A lot is going on right now – A LOT – all over the world, and the upheaval is reflected in our personal lives. We’re coming out of 2018’s Tower’esque maelstrom, and many of us are still struggling to get our bearings. This small set of oils has been designed for ritual and can also be worn as perfumes because we could all use a helping hand right about now. 

Cool It was created, composed, and consecrated under the healing, calming auspices of Luna. As she wanes, may she remove the terrors and grief that clutch at your heart, and as she waxes, may she fill you with peace and tranquility.

Cool It kind of smells like Anesthesia, Twilight, and Three Impossible Errands had a baby. The lavender and peppermint are the strongest notes at first, and then the jasmine joins the party, with the chamomile and frankincense coming out more after it has been dry. The peppermint in this has cooling effect, but it does not burn. The frankincense ends up being one of the main players on me after a while, but I fell asleep and did not get to sniff this over several hours, so I'll update my review if I have more thoughts on the scent during future wears.

I find Cool It to be very soothing, and I am thrilled to have a bottle. If it were still available, I would get more, because I have a feeling I will be reaching for this one a lot. :heart:

Peppermint, whiff of lavender, touch of chamomile and jasmine. This sort of reminds me to Cooling, but it's more soothing. While Cooling works on anger, Cool It works on anxiety. The effect is very similar though.

I used this after feeling frazzled from a weekend of packing.

ETA: I chose to wear Cool It today, remembering it was a very calming blend. 

Ok, this is Xanax as a perfume. On my way walking to work, its literally as things melted away. It's not that I wasn't conscious of them, but it was as if there was a literal barrier between those things and where I was. I walked down and admired the sunlight through the trees, the smell of coffee, and just breathed. This helps wash away some of the anxiety/stress that you feel and keep it at bay.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I got a decant of this and am delighted to have even a tiny amount for emotional first aid. Scent-wise, I get mostly peppermint and a little of the frankincense. It's not as soothing as Security Blanket, but I can tell that this is going to be immensely helpful when I'm spiraling out and having a hard time grounding.

I bought Cool It to assist me in keeping my head when my babies are having a fit and I’m getting too emotionally involved, or when I’m more irritable than I want to be (basically when I miss my nap time:lol:). It’s great, as long as I remember to use it in the moment of crisis.

Yesterday, one of the beans was screaming and I was at my wits end to keep from screaming, too. Then walked over to my TAL stash, swiped some of this beauty on my temples. Amazingly, we both calmed down almost immediately. (Bless you, Beth!)

The scent for for me is primarily frankincense laced with lavender, a dab of peppermint, and later I think I notice the chamomile. The jasmine isn’t obvious to me, though I had forgotten it was in the blend, so I might be more attentive to it next use.