Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The end is nigh: sweet pink musk, spun sugar, red currant, candied rose petals, and rose jelly.

In the bottle, this is a strong, very candy-like rose, a bit of Hope, but there's definitely sooooo much sugar, even a bit of Sugar Skull sweetness?  The jelly, spun sugar, sweet, candied, so much... makes this a very powerful sugary scent.  The red currant does add a bit of sharp snappiness, but it's presenting floral forward (and that flower is... ja... no, ROSE).

Initially on, I get much more of the red currant, but only for a moment, and then a hint of a kind of pastille candy, maybe a conversation heart, but then the conversation becomes a shouting, shouting match of ROSE, PETALS, ROSE, with maybe a bit of cotton candy and bubblegum peeking around, but always walloped by the rose!  The color I get is definitely a pink.  Pink, catastrophic, end-times pink, like, the world is engulfed in a deluge of petals, and there is no escape.

With some time, it still remains rose-forward but is not a single like 'The Rose' or 'The First Rose,' there's enough extra sugary-ness and crystallized sugar around that it is a candy rose.  Much more potent than Hope.  Much, much more so.  

Yaaayyyywheeeee!  Sugary syrupy pink as hell rose! The red currant is a gloopy awesome supporting note.

This is for giggly girly pretend we're Marie Antoinette days. Visiting the ice cream parlor dressed like there's a SugarCon no one but us knows about days. Dress like your Strawberry Shortcake Spirit Animal days.

Do yourself a favor: shake thoroughly before applying. My 1st test was a weak pink flop and it was totally my fault. 2nd test: I love it. Dream come true.

Smells exactly like Rose Jam from Lush. Similarly it reminds me a lot of Hope, Un, and Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs. I smelled more red currant in the bottle, but that did not translate to my skin. Just classic sweet, jammy rose.

Fellow Lushies: this is a total dupe for Rose Jam.  Roses, sweet berries, and sugar abound. Even after a few hours i get a sort of light soapiness mixed in with the thick jellied rose scent. Probably my new favorite

Edited by starryeyes

I agree that this smells similar to Lush's Rose Jam, but not as bright, as it doesn't have Rose Jam's lemon, and in Rapture Pig, I feel like the rose amplified. It's very jammy, intensely rose-y, and positively sugary. It's pretty strong on me, too.... almost like a boozy, sugary rose and currant jelly.

I love sugary florals (and the Lab's rose notes), so I am glad that I leapt for a bottle. But be warned: you have to enjoy rose in order to appreciate this one!

Edited by doomsday_disco

I fell in love with this one in the bottle because I'm a sucker for roses and sugar. I learned that a little goes a long way with this one! If I put the same amount that I'd put of any other scent I own, it's pretty overpowering and has a crazy throw range. Its longevity is pretty intense too. If I wear a necklace that day, the necklace will smell like Rapture Pig for a few days after. I get mostly the rosy notes and the red currant out of it, but I was in the car with my family on the way to a family gathering not long after I put it on, and my dad said that he smelled sawdust! It was funny and embarrassing, but I'm not sure what notes could've turned into sawdust.

This is just beautiful. I'm not always a rose fan, but the rose in this is so jammy and sticky but not cloying. Like a beautiful soft rose dipped in liquid sugar with a hint of the fruity currants. I'm so glad I grabbed a bottle. 

Pairs so well with Pinning of the Shemada Hair Gloss.

(Haven't tried Rose Jam, so I can't compare the two.)

Wet: Sugary, candied rose petals. 

Dry: Whoa, this scent has some CRAZY throw.

It's remained almost spot-on to the wet stage, only with a slight soapiness. (That's pretty typical with my skin and rose notes, so YMMV.)

For those who enjoy rose and it works well on their skin, this scent won't disappoint.

Two of my first BPAL purchases were Candy Phoenix and Two, Five, and Seven, and back in the day I used to layer them sometimes. This smells EXACTLY like the combination of the two and I’m in love. It’s a perfect lush rose scent with a heaping helping of sugared currant thrown in!

Imp: sugared roses, red currant, and musk

Wet: Turkish Delight. This is the gorgeous rose I can wear, from Two, Five, And Seven, and the 2014 Lupercalia series, not the potpourri grandma smell I'm so often tricked by.

Dry: rose petals, thick, viscous sugar syrup, a tempering of vanilla-lemon musk underneath; all of which boils down to a soft, chewy, sugar-powdered rose sweet.

I love this, and cannot fault it in any way. It lasts forever, with a mid to strong throw that somehow doesn't get in your way at all. The sugar is sweet without being cloying (or foodie), the rose is strong without being overpowering, and the whole effect is just DELICIOUSLY pink.

Stars: ★★★★★

I'm glad I got a bottle of Rapture Pig! It does smell a lot like Lush Rose Jam!

It's jammy sweet roses, very bright and pretty.

After drydown, about an hour or so in wear, the roses recede and I'm left with a beautiful red musk note. I love the Labs red musk notes, so thats great!

No soapiness and no currants for my nose luckily.

As soon as I open the bottle, I smell something very similar to Lush's Rose Jam and wish I had bought a full bottle instead of partial! I have so many rose scents though...

On my skin this is not as similar to Rose Jam as I thought, but still as close as I have found in a BPAL. It's great. Super sweet sugary candied rose. Syrupy. You can almost feel the powdered sugar on your tongue. Delightful!

Sweet, sugary, rose candy.  The current lends a little tartness.  This is more in your face than Hope, or Razors in a Dollhouse.  More jam and sugar than flower.  It's a little too much for me, and I have similar scents I like better, so I'll be passing it along.  I absolutely love the concept and label art though.  🐷:smile: 🐷

I received a barely testable bottle of Rapture Pig as an Ajevie freebie and applied a tiny drop to the crook of my elbow. This baby is strong! Think CD Hope on steroids. Jammy, sugary rose. This is so far out of my wheelhouse, yet I understand its greatness. If candied rose is your thing, this is amazing. It is hard not to smile with this wafting around. And yes, the label art rocks.

So Rapture Pig is basically Rose Jam by LUSH to a T, however I actually prefer Rose jam. I used to be soooo into Rosejam, at one point in time it was my favorite scent ever. Rapture Pig is like RJ without the aspect that I love so much. Rose jam has a lovely brightness to it, which I assume is the lemon and geranium. Rapture pig is rosey and jammy but it has a deeper undertone of an almost smoky cotton candy and almost none of the brightness from the lemon. It's like linear rose and red fruits with a hint of cotton candy. Nice, but not for me, I prefer Rose jam but I no longer buy from LUSH for personal reasons.