Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LiberAmoris

Harlequin Milk

Ethically harvested: goat’s milk, white honey, honeycomb, orange peel, red currant, a burp of honey ale, and a jingle of silvery musk.

Wet: Honey and goat's milk! A sweet milk and honey scent, with maybe a hint of orange. (Milk can go notoriously funky on my skin, so I'm bracing myself for the dry down.) The goat's milk note is definitely the same one from Happy and Dauntless and Sagacious.

Dry: The honey is the strongest note upon dry down. The goat's milk is still there as well, but the orange scent is now gone. I think some of the sweetness has faded as well. The red currant never made an appearance, and I'm not sure I'm getting any of the honey ale either.

If you're a fan of rich honey scents, try this! I like it, but I think a decant will be enough.

Goats' milk, honey, and musk.

Now and then I pick up a suggestion of red currant, similar to the way it plays a small role in Alisz. It only came out in that blend for me over time, so I might find more of it in Harlequin Milk later. I have a feeling I'll find some orange later.

But mostly this is goats' milk, honey, and musk, and I like it a lot.

In the decant, I smell the orange peel, honey, ale, and goat's milk.

On me, the bitter orange peel and goat's milk are the first notes that leap out, followed by a light honey. The orange peel is so bitter that it makes me think of neroli. Fortunately, the honey gains strength and helps smooth it over. In the end, it's strong on the buttery goat's milk, which is sweetened by the honey, and contains traces of the orange peel, ale, and just a tinge of red currant. I feel like I normally amp currant, so I am surprised that it's so quiet on me here. I can smell the silvery musk in the background, behind the goat's milk.

While I enjoy where this one ends up, I was not a fan of the bitter, neroli-like orange peel opening, so I don't think I'll hold on to my decant. I know I'd rather reach for My Baby and a Baby Goat for my goat's milk and honey fix. I do think this is nice once the orange peel calms down, though!

Honey, goat milk, whiff of bitter orange. It's a buttery goat milk with sweet honey.  Good throw and wear length.

So I have realized something new about my skin chemistry: Whatever the Lab uses for “goat’s milk” turns into “cinnamon/nutmeg spice blend” on my skin. I thought it was just weirdness with My Baby and a Baby Goat, but nope, it's that accord.

I get that here, plus a definite burp of ale, and then the whole thing starts to sour and turn into flat musk.

Goat’s milk and honey are what I get most of in Harlequin Milk, which was PIFed from a supremely generous fortune.. There is some bright red currant peeking through, especially when wet, but not a lot of orange peel on me. The pale musk is more evident an hour or so in. This is lovely and cheery and lasted all day on me.

In the imp: Honey mead, candied oranges, the barest sliver of currant and milk, like the crumbs collecting in the bottom of a fruit cake mixing bowl.

Wet: Goats milk and musk, chunky segments of orange, plump spiced currants, and a drizzle of honey.

Dry: Honeyed milk and currant bread.

This lasts forever, it was still going strong at 10 hours, and has a hefty throw. It's also delicious.

Stars: ★★★★½