Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LiberAmoris

Blood and the Lemon

Honored to be first post on this!  I am in LOVE with BPAL citrus notes, and their red musk, and when I read the description I had to get it.  In the bottle:  Fresh-squeezed lemon juice with only the tiniest bit of dragon's blood; it's really all about the lemon.  On, wet: Starts to unfold immediately with red musk notes, but the citrus keeps up very very well; getting notes of sweet grapefruit in here; maybe that's the "coppery/sharp" note in the description?  Drydown, short-termish:  The citrus is still hanging on really well, which is great as lemon normally just vanishes on me after 10 minutes.  The red musk seems to deepen/develop a bit more and becomes more complex over time.  Day's end:  Even without re-application during the day, the red musk held on faintly, along with distant bitter citrus notes.  So I give this one a long wear rating and medium throw.  Going to try re-application during the day to see how it builds up, but I am really loving this as it is pretty much just what I expected--two of my favorite BPAL notes in one place.  

Wet: Fresh squeezed... blood? If you were to squeeze a lemon, but blood came out instead of lemon juice, it would smell like this. Which is an odd description.. but one that immediately came to mind. Much heavier on the blood note than the lemon(which is leaning a bit lemon-cleanser-y), and you can REALLY smell that coppery "tang".

Dry: Very similar to the wet stage, only the "cleanser" note from the lemon is gone. This is still just like.. freshly squeezed blood juice with a hint of lemon. 

It's an odd scent. I don't hate it. I don't love it. I obviously don't know how to describe it, but it's very unique to my collection.

I'm keeping the decant!

On me, this is very straightforward: the labs dragon's blood (which has always come across as somewhat salty to me) and lemon. 

So, salty, dragons bloody lemon. I dont get any of the copper that donkehpoo mentions, but maybe my saltiness and her copperiness are the same thing. 

It's an unusual scent to be sure, which is appropriate given the collection it's in.

This features a mildly spiced, coppery blood musk with the addition of lemon. The blood musk is far more prominent than the lemon on me, though.

I had to try this because of the name and the artwork, but the blood musk is too strong for me.

Coppery blood musk with a whiff of lemon. It's mainly a blood musk on me. Medium throw, great wear length.

This really does smell like bloodied lemons. It's very metallic and coppery dragon's blood, thick and heavy. The lemon, which I didn't think it would do because the blood note starts off very strong, does overtake it once dry. Which to me makes it slightly more wearable, but it's still a very odd scent.

I do like the lab's bloody perfumes I have tried, and lemons. But together I don't think it works too well. It's a little strange. I picture this would be the scent of a bloody lemonade made by a vampire. Sweet sugary tart lemons and thick blood. :vamp:

Would recommend trying this if it sounds interesting to you, it's a pretty unique scent.