Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LiberAmoris

Black Putrescence

A vivacious squirt of decay: viscous blackcurrant juice and pomegranate rind with sweet labdanum, rose attar, and a thin splat of motor oil.

Pretty much all blackcurrant and pomegranate on me. Very deep purple and fruity.  I dont know what motor oil smells like, but I dont pick up on anything oily or mechanical at all - just fruit!

Blackcurrant and pomegranate on wet, but as it dries, I get whiffs of rose, and teeny smidge of motor oil. It's mainly dark purple rose blend with just enough of a whiff of motor oil to prevent it from being entirely in the fruity or rose variety. Good throw and wear length.

Date December 25.2019

In the bottle, I get a dark pomegranate like in Horrid Mysteries and a touch of asphalt oiliness. I don't test out any of the "motor oil" scents. I've only tried out Black Ice before

On skin wet: the pomegranate is a bit more sweeter than Horrid Mysteries and isn't so bitter. I get the whiff of roses coming through. The rest of the notes sort of mellow out on my skin and blend into the background.

Dry 30+ mins: Everything is blending together and mellowing out. I don't think this scent is going to have a lot of staying power with my skin chemistry.

Worn 3+ hours: I mostly have rose and pomegranate left over. It reminds me of Persephone. The other scents never really shined through. They might have faded into my skin chemistry. This was a nice scent, but not impressive enough for a full bottle.

Final thoughts: Nice but I have other pom/roses I like better. If you're a fan of Persephone, or had hoped that Horrid Mysteries was less bitter, you might want to try this one.