Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Snakes in the Last Snows of Winter

Ice-rimmed minted-slushed Snake Oil and winter’s last snowdrops swimming in a small pool of melted sleet.

This is so... very different.

Wet, I get a very gravelly ice, just like Black Ice's sleet and slush note.  I don't know what I'm getting as a rocky scent.  It's not a very sweet mint, for those concerned this is a Yule-bright peppermint.  It's quite dark, muddy, in fact.  There's a bit of a gray-blue coldness to this.  Distant, and I'm not getting a lot of Snake Oil's general sultry red-ness.  I wonder if maybe the snowdrop is adding a bit of a strange, waxy petal-ness over the slushy snake, but it's an intriguing combination.  If there's some salt in it, I'm getting some of what BPAL's salty note does to me, which is a touch of tortilla-corn.  

Very odd.  I'll keep at wearing it.  It's not quite what I envisioned it to be.

Slushy, soapy snow drowns anything else in it. If there is a hint of Snake Oil, I don't pick it up. In fact, I'm a bit surprised by how much the snow note seems to amp on my skin.

No no no, it's all snow all the time, not even a breath of a Snake.  Glad I just went for a decant, so disappointing.

i couldn't tell you how many times i've been to the beach in Florida/Georgia/Alabama/Carolina.  usually too hot, stinky, sandy beachy.  i happened to be in Florida one year when it snowed and seeing snow on the sand was kooky, but i still didn't care for the beach even then.

i don't like the ocean.

but the beaches i've seen from TV shows from the UK are so different.  like pebbles instead of the yellow sand, and often it just looks too cold to be in anything but a coat.  my real visual is this, i admit:

4b4ffd4f7edea6374c1c2ba408667758.jpg

i haven't left the US, so if i'm totally wrong, well, forgive me, i mean no insults. probably doesn't smell any better there, but the visual is just so different!

anyhow, to me this isn't Snake Oil and anything snow-y.  not really.  it is more like Snakes Join The Doctor and Romana, in the Leisure Hive episode, and hang out on a beach like that one.  cold and pebble-y.

it smells cold, and ocean-y.  like maybe Snakes smell different when they're all bundled up for the winter?   it reminds me of a scent from one of the older Lilith updates - i'll need to get them out to figure out which one.  Like maybe Yaksh or Humpback Whale?

whichever one it is i'm thinking of, it reminded me of the way our hotel room at Ballys smelled when we went there for our wedding.  

Spoiler

absolutely unrelated, but i finally got the yarn to make myself that version of the Doctor's scarf.  because that's the one i've always wanted, not the brown-beige based one most people think of.  

I get bright, slushy snow and Snake Oil from this, on me and in the vial. The sleet is the main player at first, with the Snake Oil coming out more with wear.

I am team sweet snow note, so I was mainly just trying this out of curiosity, but I have a friend that adores snow notes and Snake Oil variants, so I will be passing this on to her. :) It's not bad, but it doesn't grab me as much as the other snowy Snake Oil scents we've seen lately (Frostbitten Snake Oil, Salzburg Krampuslauf, and Kapitelplatz Chess Match).

Slushy snow and cornflakes.

Sorry guys, Snake Oil is always problematic for me, but in this one I swear to god that it smells like a cornflakes. And slushy snow. Medium throw and wear length.

Snakes in the Last Snows of Winter

In the bottle: Snake Oil, something mildly oudhy or indolic. Mint, and something mildly buttery? Perhaps ambergris?

Wet: Mint jumped forward, but in my experience, fades quickly. We'll see. I'm guessing indolic. White blossoms. Not really getting any frosty notes.

Dry down: Wait, here comes the frost. Still minty. If you've ever smelled the plant chocolate mint, that's how it smells. Not a whole lot of Snake Oil, but what I thought was white blossoms must be an oudh of some sort, as it's going sparkly sweet on me.

Dry: It's light and sweet and sparkly. Finally some of that sugared vanilla in the Snake Oil coming through. Still mildly minty. Lovely! I almost always love SO variants.