Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

I Was Put an Alien in Their World

Snake Oil, mimosa, neroli, crushed herbs, and star jasmine.

Bright mimosa in the bottle with a hint of spices.

On the skin, this is a swoosh of mimosa petals and neroli.  This reminds me a LOT of Mania, for some reason.  There's not strawberry listed as a note but I get a very edible candy sweetness/floral.  With a bit of time, there's a bit of a uniform greenery, almost like... basil?  or some kind of neutral herb, adding some light leafiness to the floral fruit, then it starts getting closer to an orange / orange blossom aroma.  Hanging in the far back is a whisper of the deep base of Snake Oil, but it's not overpowering.  

With time, it actually even veers a little into lemony-citrus territory, and I wonder if the mimosa is doing some of that.  

Overall very light, youthful, quite unique.  I like it!

Wet: I can definitely smell the crushed herbs. It's like vanilla and a mish-mash of various herbs. And they are fighting to dominate.

Drydown: I can see the candy sweetness mentioned before. This is very light, a great spring smell that isn't overpowering. Super easy to wear.

Orange-toned, slightly powdery mimosa and star jasmine.

The herbs and Snek don't really play here for me, and my skin eats the blend before long.

Hmm, a lovely floral Snake.  Getting soft florals at first, and fades to be pretty watery muted blend. I wish I were getting any kind of Snake Oil, but it's just soft, powdery florals.  Maybe it's there, because the blend is reminding me of Cottonmouth, just a teeny bit, but with different florals, or maybe there are a similar floral component.  It's nice, but I don't need any more.  Looking forward to see what this dram does with some age behind it.

Edited by milo

Mimosa, crushed herbs, and a whiff of snake oil. This is a nice soft, floral perfume. Medium throw and wear length.

In the decant: Mimosa and Snake Oil. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's Snake Oil and mimosa -- with the mimosa rather more prominent in the decant and the Snake Oil rather more prominent wet on my skin. There's something happening that's bringing a lot of the vanilla out, which is something I rarely get from Snake Oil. As it dries, both the neroli and star jasmine become more prominent; I can detect a faint and muddled herbal smell as well. On me, however, the floral-dominant phase is temporary as Snake Oil reasserts itself as the main player. I can still detect the other notes, but they don't overpower the Snake Oil. 

Ultimately, this is a floral Snake Oil variant on me. Of all the Snake Oil variants I've tried, this is probably most similar to Cottonmouth in that both of them have noticeable floral notes. That said, where Cottonmouth's florals are front and center on me, in this blend, the floral and other notes play a supporting role to the Snake Oil, softening it and adding some lighter notes of complexity. It's a very wearable Snake Oil variant on me. I'll definitely be keeping this decant, and I'll probably keep my eyes peeled for a partial or full bottle for sale or swap. 

I find myself craving this scent almost daily for a while now. Snake Oil itself I don't wear much because of the toasty-warm smell, but this blend is mouth watering to me. On wet the herbs are upfront, give me warm, toasty, golden brown impressions. Then the Mimosa, floral Neroli, & then a sharp hit of Star Jasmine cuts thru. A sweetness is there too, like a baked good covered in sugar crystals surrounded by petals. I can't get enough! Dry down it mostly smells like a floral, with a ghostly, faint toasty background; A complete switch from initial application. I think this, & Hyakki Yagyo, are now tied for #1 favorites in my BPAL list/signature scent.

Edited by Rane.
*fixed typo