Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Superior Vena Cava

The hollow vein that contains blood from the arms and head. A perfume of thought and action: blood chypre, ambergris accord, beeswax, oppoponax, tuberose absolute, and red musk.

I get a red musk, blood chypre and a whiff of beeswax. This one is a bloody red musk, with touches of chypre, beeswax, and oppoponax that both lighten and darken it. Low throw, average wear length.

I don't know what to think about this. I tested it thinking it was another scent, and totally thought I was smelling fruit and musk, and it made sense. Then it gradually morphed and I got confused and took another look at the bottle and realized my error. Now I don't know what I am smelling, or even really what I for sure put on...? No, it's for sure the right scent now, I have it slathered in several places to be certain. What I get up front is the chypre, which contains some lovely green notes. I get sweetness from the beeswax, and it's RED musk I am smelling, not white. It doesn't dominate in this like it often does. It's kind of a fruity blood musk, like a deep red or purple fruit. It's a great scent, very complex. I have discovered I love chypre a lot. There's a slightly spicy element to this as well - a perfumey spice like cardamom almost, or maybe a spicy floral note. Doesn't smell like the tuberose I am accustomed to (which smells like classic hairspray to me usually) so this may be a part of the chypre I am smelling. It's much less heavy tan some of those notes would suggest - I don't get hardly any opoponax. Overall, I really like it a lot and I think it will age great. I also find it really funny that I was briefly ready to accept that this was a black currant and white musk scent...:umm:

this starts with a red musk chypre and a little hint of tuberose. after a few minutes i get a little oppoponax to smooth out and warm up the scent. it's basically ends up being a subtle red musk/tuberose on me. i do like it but i have on that's very similar that has a bit more oomph to it, so i will stick with that one.

Uhm ok... so this will take a Taurus' skin chemistry to keep the flowers from fading.

Starts out lovely lush floral blood musk with all the trimmings. The blood chypre takes over too much and I smell more metallic in drydown. I can see this one's potential! Really! Its just frustrating that the notes boomerang on me. Everything stays present, its in opposite order later though.

I'm not really a fan of tuberose, but was hoping the supporting cast of rich, heavy, sweet notes would be enough to drown it out.  The red musk is the main player, smelling of heated skin and deep, red wine fruitiness, and I do like the extra creamy sweetness of the beeswax, but the blood chypre seems to be adding a metallic note that I'm not loving, and the tuberose still comes off as a screechy white floral to me.  It's not as sweet or heavy as I was expecting overall.  It sort of smells like a sheer, faded red musk with metallic, sharply floral nuances, and only lasts about an hour on my skin.

Superior Vena Cava starts off smelling like red musk and a powdery chypre. Powder might be ambergris... Then, tuberous starts blooming and just dominates the whole conversation. A bold, yet cushioned (musk) tuberose, sweetened by subtle beeswax.