Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A contraction: red musk seized by crushed mint, eucalyptus blossom, orange blossom, and bergamot.

I bought two bottles this is so good. 

In the forefront is my favorite, juicy red musk, brightened up by muddled orange blossom and tempered by a flowing ribbon of mint and bergamot, but not "minty mint", I just know there's mint in here by the sobering effect of the musk...not cooling, just a shading to keep it less bright, but just as lush. 

This is almost a cousin of Dainty Sulphur - without the ash and brimstone

All the parts of the heart are really gorgeous.  Do not sleep on this beauty.

A red musk scent for sure. At first, I was sure this had benzoin in it, but I think that's a mix of the bergamot and eucalyptus and orange blossoms. Bottom line, I would describe this as red musk, deepened by flowers, with just enough mint to be noticeable.

The only note I don't care for... and that's all I get. Red musk babey.  Hint of mint in the bottle, none on my skin.

All of the red musk. This codes to my nose as pretty much red musk SN. If there's anything else in there, my skin ain't picking it up. Good throw and wear length.

I'm always happy to find a red musk variation that's unique, and Left Ventricle pumps out the goods. This is classic sexy red musk, with heady orange blossom (like Chordae Tendineae) whose citrus is given a little more kick from the bergamot. But what really makes Left Ventricle stand out for the rest is the crush of mint, fragrant and crisp like freshly muddled leaves of mint just picked from the garden. It freshens the red musk for spring, enhanced no doubt by the eucalyptus blossom (which I haven't smelled on its own, but rest assured there is no mentholic blast of eucalyptus here). Overall, the effect is so much more buoyant and cheerful than red musk blends tend to be.

If red musk always stomps all over everything for you, Left Ventricle won't change your mind. If, on the other hand, it plays nicely and you're looking to try something red musk dominant with a (literally) fresh twist, this is the heart valve for you. I love this blend for spring and summer, something sultry and yet also deeply rooted in the garden and warmed by the sun. Delightful!