Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
skyelyric

Twenty-Four Paragons of Filial Piety

Green coconut, ti leaf, fir balsam, hyssop, and cypress.

Oh wow, this is a morpher, but Twenty-Four Paragons is absolutely stunning. Seriously, skin test it before you consign it anywhere. In the decant and wet, the fir and cypress are at the forefront, clean and astringent but not overpowering, though it's hard to get much else underneath it.  Over the course of the dry-down the evergreens fade, and I'd kind of forgotten I was wearing it until a billow of gorgeous creamy, slightly woody coconut showed up out of nowhere.  On me this really bloomed when it hit the coconut state, and doesn't seem inclined to morph any further.  I can't pick out individual notes, I'm guessing the woody/floral aspect is coming from the hyssop, and I'm not sure what ti leaf smells like to know what to attribute to it.  Overall this is the surprise hit of the Lupers for me.

Once it settles, I'd put this in the same family of scents as Intrigue, I think, with the woody coconut, but this is bright and creamy where I get a dark, slightly dusty feel from Intrigue.  It reminds me a little of the coconut in Goldenrod Crab Spider, too, but without the tang of citrus from that blend.

Overall impression, I cannot stop sniffing this.  I liked the evergreen phase, I *adore* the coconut.

Pine and coconut. At first, all I get is wood, with the fir balsam dominating. As it wears, the coconut comes out more and more. After a while, on me it's a combo of pine and coconut, with the fir balsam being just slightly the stronger of the two. Beautiful scent, the fir balsam plays really well into the more woodsy side of coconut. This is a surprise favorite for me.

I agree with the mention of it being a morpher. This does start out pine and cypress heavy with fresh coconut tailing. Then, further into drydown its coconut prominent with a woody background. Gender-neutral and would make a great bath oil or deodorant. Smells like summertime camping fun!

This is such an unusual perfume.  It's my favorite Luper this year.  I can't add to the descriptions of this blend except to say that one of the stages reminds me of a bowl of fresh Thai coconut soup.  IMO this wandering herbal coconut is perfect for summer.  Unfortunately, it vanishes from my skin once I'm outdoors.  Fortunately, it lasts in my hair :)  

Oops, I guess I never hit Submit to post this review.  I love Startled Toad and always am on the lookout for coconut Shungas.  This is a beauty.  Twenty-Four Paragons is slightly sharp fir and cypress at first and reminded me of the bright green tips that grow on fir trees in spring.  Not hoary old pines but young, growing, tender needles.  Before long the foremost note on me is green coconut.  It's different from the coconut note in Startled Toad and most of the other coconut blends I've tried -- it really is a young, green coconut, and the interaction with the evergreen notes adds to the green feeling.  This is a unique scent -- if you like coconut at all, I highly recommend trying it.  

Green coconut dries to a coconut/cypress blends. For you coconut lovers out there. Medium throw and wear length.