Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Usagi

First Fruits

An aparche for the Eleusinian goddesses: a crystalline, uplifting blend of white pomegranate, golden grapes, apricot, black fig, and lemon and orange rind.

(Fresh from the post this morning)

In the bottle, it spicy floral and juicy fruits.

Wet, the scent of pomegranate, and  spiced pear hard candies? There's a hint of sweet citrus, and some sort of musky herbal; a bit of horehound, or catnip.

Right now, it is absolutely gorgeous-- bright and burgeoning, but not overpowering.

Dry: It relaxes into a lightly spiced, pale golden fruit scent, pomegranate and warm citrus at the fore.

Stunning.

This has the golden glow of Eos but fruity. Its gorgeous, smooth, glowy and syrupy.  I'm not getting any spice, like the previous reviewer?  MMV?

Pretty great and unique. Feminine without being girly or stuffy. The drydown is soft, like drifting off to sleep totally relaxed, and musky with a fig sweetness. Better than I expected it to fare! 

First impression is that this smells like my Yankee Candle collection in the best kind of way. Fruity and bright without being overpowering. There's something sensual about it - a sweetness that makes you want to taste - especially when it eventually dries down to a soft, golden whisper, tempting you to lean in closer just to get a whiff. I don't get any spice from it personally either, but on my fiance it definitely did have a mild spiced-fruits scent in the bouquet.

Wet: Grapes, pomegranate, and lemon! (I'm not sure what the difference is between pomegranate vs. white pomegranate.) A very bright, fresh fruity blend. This has a candy-like, and almost fizzy quality to it, without being too sweet.

Dry: Just a fainter version of the wet stage. The fizzy quality from earlier is gone, but otherwise the scent remains pretty much the same.

Keeper!

Fruit salad! I get grapes, white pom, fig, and something that smells like banana. This smells like fruit salad, and dries down to a golden fig and pom blend. Medium throw, low wear length on me. But fruity and delicious!

Got a chance to smell this when a friend bought it.  :smile:  SUPER FRUITY.  Smells downright drinkable in the bottle, like a juice or good fruit punch.  It darkened a bit on my skin though, which surprised me b/c I'd swear there was some frankincense or amber going on.  Maybe the earthiness of the black fig came across as resins on my skin?  No idea, but if you want something very fruity, but grown up and complex, this was nice.

ETA:  I notice the mentions of spice or something herbal from other reviewers.  Yeah... that's what I'm getting.  I say frankincense b/c it usually goes a bit sharp and dry on my skin, but it could be spice or a bitter green herb.  Curiouser and curiouser.  🥝🍋 🍎🍍🍑🍌 

Edited by VetchVesper

Was very lucky to get the last of these bottles as they went fast!

Wet it’s a powdery fruit scent, with grape and cranberry and maybe wet SweeTarts? As soon as it dries slightly the spices waft in along with what reminds me of other scents I’ve had labelled “violet”.

It’s not totally dissimilar to the LE “Et Lux Fuit”. 

Unfortunately it does dry out to that stale endpoint most perfume oils reach on my skin (with some precious few exceptions) but I would be happy to reapply or mist in my hair to keep the lovely fresh stage longer. 

Sniff: Cold bright fruits

Skin: Breakfast? It's making me think HARD about peach oatmeal and mimosa's. What the heck! 

Drydown: Ok so all my words are useless. This blend is amazing. Fruity fruity fruity. But not a berry blend, and not a "juicy" blend. Apricot, Pom, Citrus - These are bright fruits. If Berry blends are a deep red wine, apple/peach blends a white wine, these fruits are a champagne. If that makes sense. Dry, a touch of sweet, but mostly effervescent. 

It has an almost candy-aspect to it, keeping everything bright and crisp. I'm starting to think donkehpoo is my scent-twin, as I had exactly the same experience. 

Verdict: Better than most Champagne blends. Fruit-Citrus bubbly.