Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A perfume created in honor of St. Expedite. May he intercede on your behalf, and may all your troubles be swiftly resolved with the best possible outcome for you: honey and life everlasting, frankincense and cinnamon, bourbon vanilla, red ginger and red musk.

Wow, I'm the first to review this one! Chose this because I'm in need of some serious intercession and the notes sounded just beautiful, and it is one of the most beguiling, well-blended scents I've recently sniffed from BPAL. 

This is an incredibly warm, sweetly glowing scent that is soothing and serene. It starts out thick with honey and cinnamon and the rich booziness of the vanilla, but then it all quickly mellows out into fresh ginger/vanilla. There is a slight floral behind all of it, which may be the life everlasting or a wildflower-type honey, but this scent is so perfectly blended it all works harmoniously together for a really calming, reassuring scent. Definitely a medium throw, with a lovely closeness to it. Highly recommend.

Cito smells like honey cakes. Its honey, cinnamon, vanilla, and a whiff of ginger. It smells warm, comforting, and generally up beat.  Monster throw, medium wear length.

I get thick rich honey, frankincense and life everlasting. It is quite sweet and would be incredibly foodie if not for the incense/floral aspect. Powerful throw. 

I don't know if I'm getting any intercession from Cito.  I am definitely getting honey, slightly floral honey with warm, mellow spices.  And the red musk is being such a team player here!  I can smell it now that I know it's there (tested without looking at notes), but it's definitely in the background.  I would not have picked it out, nor the ginger specifically.  I don't get the huge throw everyone else is mentioning, but I never do.  Sigh.  Rich warm honey, though.  Very nice.  

Cito really surprised me. I expected something much foodier, but what I get is more of a husky honey incense, and it's glorious. 

It smells a bit dirty on me at first, I think from the ginger, but by the half hour mark, it's one of those fragrances you catch whiffs of, realize is you, and need another hit of - stat.  It also lasts all day on me and will probably age wonderfully. 

You've reached out to St. Expedite because you need some fast help. He so loves roses, his color is RED, his aim is fast and true and expects praise once he delivers, just like an old friend. OH Happy Cakes!!! this fragrance certainly hits all the right sweet spots. Yes, this is truly scrumptious and has all the makings of classic BPAL with its perfectly blended notes along with a little bit of yummy cake and honey resins. Baked goods, dare I say a tiny bit of cinnamon sprinkled pound cake YES! along with dollop of boozy vanilla, a grind of ginger and waxy red musk, which is less hip thrusts and more like a warm, drippy red candle burning. Wearing this, honoring the everlasting St. Expedite, feels very much like a beacon, focusing in a way you know they love, creating your best chance to draw the action in and make it happen vibrationally. Do not delay, this is gorgeous, comforting and Blessed Be. 

Edited by Jenjin

Thick chewy honey (Cakes? Yes, a bit cake-like.) The spices and musk are subtle, yet ever-present. Despite the cheery disposition of Cito, underneath there’s a hint of something that turns my stomach... is it the life everlasting? Not a note that is yucky, but one that hints at a thread of Chaos. An embracing scent that makes me want to cuddle myself, yet alert to the ever present threat of the unknown, the unexpected shift, lurking just outside the embrace. Luckily, wearing Cito, I feel totally supported for those shifts that seek to snag the unaware. A supportive, positive, super-yummy scent for growth! 

I have two decants, and even knowing that I’ll likely not finish them, want a bottle.

The label looks fresh, and I bet the scent will age supremely. I’ll have to see how much use these baby cakes get.