Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caitfish

Nefertiti

“The Beautiful One Is Come”. Egyptian iris and olibanum with red and white sandalwood, soft myrrh and a breath of North African herbs.

Thanks to Teggy for the decant.

Decant: Sandalwood and myrrh, resinous sweetness.

Skin: I like the iris accord in this one, it's pretty and fresh, not cloying. And given my chemistry, it's pretty much all I can smell.

Drydown: I get more of the myrrh later on, it blends nicely. This is sort of a stately floral, as befits the inspiration, with a feel of refinement and remove.

The sandalwood is really nice in this blend. It's not overly dry, it just seems calming and soft. Kind of perfumey. This is definitely a warm scent -- it seems kind of golden. The floral notes are not overbearing at all, in fact they add a lovely depth to the scent. It's just the barest bit hazy from the myrrh. All in all, quite a beautiful scent, but I feel like I'd have to really put on a lot in order for it to be strong enough for me to appreciate it. It would be good for those days when I just want something light and warm.

Odd herbs I can't identify, and some myrrh and other resins. This smells very wierd to me, and familiar but I cant figure out why. It smells kinda old ladyish, and I dont like it.

At the beginning it is almost masculine in its strength. Very reminiscent of Salome but more wearable and more of a personal fragrance. The drydown is the powdery floral that I personally adore but some may not find to their liking.

In the vial:

A soft floral

On me:

Right away, Nefertiti smells a lot like I imagined it would. I used to wear this perfume called "Blue Nile" that was a sort of watery and blue floral with a light incense background and this makes me think of that.

The iris is much softer in this than it usually is for me, and it definitely has a "blue" feeling, but not to be confused with aquatic. The sandalwood, myrrh and spices are SO light and just give the impression of incense on the wind. It's a lovely compliment to the iris.

Final note:

I think this is quite pretty and very calming in a way. I don't think I'd reach for it very often since calm scents are usually my thing lol, but it's very nice.

Nefertiti-

In Bottle: Sweet and a little resinous, and a hint of lemon and sandalwood.

Wet: A very resinous and woody scent. Light, though. Feels feminine.

Dry: Nice! Resinous and warm.

Overall: Not hugely remarkable but I like.

Nefertiti is a very lovely, exotic resin blend. It really morphs on me from minute to minute- sometimes it is predominantly iris (which is a soft iris, not like that in Morella or Florence) with some sandalwood, the next it is more golden and resinous. I am really enjoying this blend. While it is not my favorite iris blend (iris is one of my favorite florals, though...), I do like it a lot and will consider buying a bottle of this. It seems perfect for quiet, warm days, where there is not much to do except read and drink tea :P

Imp: Soft dusty resins and iris, it seems very golden yet light

Wet: The iris and herbal notes sparkle a bit over the warm dusty resins

Dry: Borders soap/powder but not in an unbearable way. Rather, it is softly and sweetly floral as well as woody/herby. Very pretty and feminine!

PS. I love the Nefertiti bust and this scent seems very appropriate :P The Beautiful One is come indeed!

This smelt very incense-y on me, and turned vaguely soapy after a while, but not to badly. I probably wouldn't want a bottle of this one, but I do like it.

this is sweetly herbal on me but in an extremely resinous way. this is a muggy scent in a way, as weird as that might sound. however, that seems to evoke the lushness of the Nile delta very well, like a sunset over the Nile.

As Nefertiti dries the iris comes out and increases the Nile delta imagery. This is the scent that if you close your eyes you can imagine sitting near the embankment of the Nile in Egypt. There is the lush scent of all the herbs, juicy flowers, and resinous/dry quality mixed together. It's sweet but a little overpowering for me. This would go very well on a woman who pared down to a simple elegance and chose to leave a trail of lush, exotic aroma as she walked. I would hope I'm simply elegant but I also like scents that stick much closer to me rather than leave a trail.

Rating: 3/5

Edited by Lunaratu

In the imp: spicy-dry resin and green florals.

On me, wet: green herbal florals, slightly soapy and powdery-sweet.

On me, dry: pale, dusty herbs and pale green florals, slightly soapy but all very faint.

Verdict: Bah, no sandalwood, and I was expecting this to be a little more kickass.

Nefertiti on me starts off as just iris then the other notes show as it dries. It's lighter than I expected, but I do feel like there's a perfumed mist surrounding me. I like it, though I wish it was a bit stronger.

In the vial (initial impression):

Opium, but softened by something else, perhaps the myrrh or sandalwood. Strong stuff, I expected something more subdued.

Initially on (wet):

All sharp iris that stings my nose - yikes! Please soften!

Wearing it (dry):

10-20 mins after application, the iris keeps stinging my nose, but there are softer notes playing in the background.

20-30 mins after application, it's turned into a strange mix of iris and sharp spice. o_O

An hour later, it had gone from sharp to a soft, soft whisper. It's nearly gone already. :/

Finally:

It was sharper than I had expected, yet it disappeared rather quickly. Shame. :P Swap/trade pile for the Beautiful One.

Slightly herbal, but soft. I love the sandalwood in this one, the blend isn't overpowering. The iris gives it a floral edge, but the spark of herbal quickly drowns that out. I like the hint of spice, it seems a very mature and sensual fragrance.

Imp: Strong, clear department store floral spray.

Wet: Ack. This is what some other blend with iris smells like, so I think I'm just smelling pure iris at this point.

Drydown: Still pure iris, only softer. Not good, since I'm beginning to suspect that I'm not a fan of iris.

Dry: Still just iris.

My rating: 1/5. It's not a bad smelling scent, I just apparently hate the smell of irises. Who knew?

Nefertiti is nicely balanced. I immediately notice the iris, and later pick up on something else (sandalwood?). If one could look into the past, they'd be caressed by this scent.

Love it, but not in love with it.

Nefertiti

In the imp: I can smell the iris. The sandalwood floats in the background and then wham! It's there in my nostrils.

On the wrist: the sandalwood and olibanum come to the fore. I get a whiff of herbiness. On drydown, it goes a bit generic, no real single note to speak of, and nothing to distinguish it, and fades to a myrrhy powder within an hour and a half.

Ooooooh, pretty! This is one of those nose-glued-to-the-wrist smells. It's a kind of fruity floral, a bright mix of all sorts of yummy things!

Pleasant and gentle. The iris is there, but not intrusive. It is a warm blend, dry and sweet and light. Pleasing.

Almost straight-up iris on me. I guess this is another of those flowers that I amp like crazy. I do get some sandalwood from it but that's about it.

In the imp: Perfumey floral. Ooh, will I even like this?

Wet: Suddenly very rounded, indeed fruity, and much softer. Then there's a wham of green floral. A soft wham, mind you, since this scent is overall soft and gentle on me.

Drydown: The incenses stay close to my skin. In fact, so does the whole thing. This isn't a throw-y scent -- but for a soft floral, I find myself liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

Verdict: It's overall a bit traditional-perfumey for what I'd normally wear. Ordinarily, I'd go to The Raven for a subtle floral. Yet it has an understated classiness that would be great for warm days, or any on which you want to be scented but not kill the person sitting next to you with your Debauchery. Very "ladylike" -- whatever that means! (I had expected Nefertiti to be a bit more kickass, but for what this is, it's lovely.)

A very dry scent, without being sneezy. It is like a desert version of Silk Road (which I love). Unfortunately, it doesn't stick around very long on the skin; I needed to reapply twice during the work day. In the scent locket it maintains just fine, though.

Incense-y with a little sweetness from the iris. It's a really nice combination.

A friend of mine gave me an imp of this, and I finally figured out where I had put it.

I get a very sweet, slightly powdery and a tiny bit of spice smell. For about 30 minutes there was an almost sharp scent, which (thankfully) faded. The scent also dissappeared quickly off of one wrist, despite it being the one I put a bit more on! I kind of like this scent. :P

I really can't decide about this one.

It's more floral than what I usually like. In the imp, it's very, very floral, and I hesitated to apply it.

On me - It kind of smells like jasmine to me, but maybe that's iris, since I'm not really sure what iris smells like. What I like about it is that the spice definitely cuts the floral, and creates a very sophisticated, feminine scent. It changed a lot throughout the day, and has a decent throw. My husband seemed to like it. But I just don't know...