Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caitfish

Nefertiti

“The Beautiful One Is Come”. Egyptian iris and olibanum with red and white sandalwood, soft myrrh and a breath of North African herbs.

Floral and wet in the bottle. This dries to sandalwood and iris on my skin. A very pretty, light scent.

Edited by Nekomata

In the bottle: sandalwood with a hint of florals

When I applied this on my sking I got mostly iris at first, then strong sandalwood appeared but after a while it developed into a wonderful harmony of scents.

Nefertiti has a scent of a secret hideway of the Egyptian queen: there is a garden pond where water flowers grow, a small temple pervaded by the scent of sandalwood and myrrh anointing oil and a bowl full of fresh herbs left by the entrance.

It's very feminine. Beautiful.

p.s. it ages wondefully, so think twice before you give up on this one.

Edited by Kosyena

Ah, the "Chantilly Effect."

See, my late grandma wore Chantilly. Lots and lots of Chantilly. I associate the smell very strongly with her, and as such, it's a very nostalgic and comfortable thing, while at the same time not really something I want to smell like most of the time.

However, I think she must have passed her chemistry down to me. Sometimes, blends that contain both floral notes and either musk or incense notes, will randomly morph into my grandma's cologne on me.

This is one of them. :P I loved this in the bottle. I loved it for the first 5 minutes on my skin. I loved it on someone else. It's such a lovely, seductive, incensey blend with a hint of floral, and something I could swear is lotus even though it's not listed. Yet on me? Chantilly. *smites body chemistry* I'm going to donate it to the friend it smells so yummy on.

Edited by lady_pandora

I accidentally ordered three duplicates of this imp over the course of a month. And am I glad I did.

It's warm, skin-scented and golden. It's not too resinous or too herby or too sweet, or too floral, or too dry and woody, but balances perfectly in the centre. The myrhh reminds me of Masabakes, in that it has the same glow to it, but Masabakes is Nefertiti's older, darker Winter sister. The floral part of this is hardly 'floral' at all on my skin; the word 'blend' never had a better application.

Nefertiti is the scent of warm sunlight on golden skin, and a long, relaxing, sunlit day. It's womanly without being too adult or mature; the scent for a young woman born to regal poise.

In the bottle: Spicy and sharp. I may be able to detect a hint of floral in there, but mostly I smell incense and green plants.

Wet: Still very spicy, but not as sharp as in the bottle. It smells of fragrant plants and musk. It manages to smell dark and bright at the same time.

Dry down: As it dries, the Myrrh and Frankinsence notes stand out when I smell my wrists up close. From a distance the floral note is more apparent, but still subtle.

This is a nice, sultry but cool sort of scent. It doesn't seem especially floral to me. The spice of the incense stands out more. I might prefer something a little warmer, but I may need to give this one a little time.

Origin: Frimp from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: Myrrh. Myrrh tends to take over on me.

In the Bottle: Smoky sandalwood, a floral undertone and...I'm gonna sneeze.

Wet: First the sandalwood, then the florals.

Drydown: The musk starts developing after about five minutes.

Verdict: It's not the all-out immediate assault of musk that usually happens on my skin, but it does end up as musk. Off to the swaps.

Wet, this is dry and a touch bitter, but in a nice way.

As it drys, the sharp floral comes out, but it doesn't overwhelm the scent. Whatever's in the background keeps jumping from sweet, to dry and bitter.

After a few hours, the sharpness dissapears. Unfortunately, shortly after that, so does the rest of the scent.

It's nice though. I'm keeping it.

Nefertiti - When first applied, I’m really not impressed. When the oil is wet on my skin, it smells lightly herbal and has a soft touch of husky myrrh, and the dry scent of arid woods, but it doesn’t really jump out at me. Once it dries down, it becomes really soft and lovely. The woods soften, and the iris is noticeable, although light and subtle. The myrrh continues to lend an overall husky quality to the blend. It’s really pretty. However, it has about zero throw, which is not something I like in a scent. The staying power is good at about 4 hours, but overall, I’m fairly underwhelmed with this blend. It just doesn’t really grab my attention.

Well, this one was educational if uneventful on my skin.

The sandalwood did not turn to snuffed candles as it often does, but apparently iris is one of those florals that swallows everything up and sits there like a scent glutton on my wrist. (That's the educational part.)

For a little bit I could smell something creamy in this, but otherwise I can't smell anything but sweet whiteish floral.

It is further proof that I will miss out on a whole family of blends that others enjoy in so much complexity.

This oil is very strong when first applied, but once it dries, it mellows into a spicy-musky scent that I like quite a bit. This isn't my usual fragrance style at all, but I like it so much that I might get a bottle of it eventually.

rating: 5/5

Bottle: beautiful herbal/floral, soft.

Wet: the iris is really lovely, and the olibanum cradles it..it's as if the note was not beneath the herbal/floral notes, but that they are suspended in it.

Dry: the sandalwoods are coming up to take their place and this is ... a really gorgeous, soft kiss transported on a cool night wind.

Later: I really love sandalwoods, and this is a showcase for them of rare and delicate beauty - nothing hippyshop at all about this, it's like nothing I've imagined. absolutely stunning.

Got this one for free with my first order. Now, I generally would not think much of the idea of a flower/sandalwood perfume. I don't like floral scents, but on it went....

In the bottle: The sandalwood (like the patchouli of Depraved) is not as horribly overdone as cheap perfume and incense. It makes me think 'so this is what sandalwood should really smell like.' It does have some floral note, not at all sharp, so that must be iris? It's not at all overwhelming. I might concede a vaguely herbal 'tone' to the sandalwood. It smells sort of sexy in a feminine but not girlish way.

On me: I actually liked this a lot, but it's not my style. A really round, golden overtone of frankincense that seems lightened by a subtle flower (nothing sharp or sweet. I don't recall iris having a smell, but whatever.) The sandalwood stays subtle and nice, and the faint herb smell persists.

Iris is one of those florals that doesn't immediately make me nervous, so this one holds promise for me. Putting it on, the iris is dominant to me. As it dries the sandalwood and perhaps herbs cut the iris a bit so the scent overall is not too floral, but still has a floral feel to it. It won't be a frequent wear, but it's pretty nice, very glowing and golden. Definitely an imp keeper.

In the imp: Flowers and herbs. Very pretty, if not my thing.

Wet: Oh yes that's iris, I recognise it from The Raven, although it's a lot clearer here. There's also some herbs giving it a slightly green scent. I surprisingly like this a lot.

Drydown: As it dries the sandalwood comes out, deepening it and giving it a touch of incense. The iris is still very present however, giving sweetness and light to the warmer darker notes. The herbs are also still present, subtle but giving it a slightly spicy and clean air.

Dry: Hello myrrh. It emerges, bringing a trace of bitterness. Now I like myrrh, but not when it takes centre stage. Here it doesn't, it's just peeping around the curtains making it's presence felt but letting the iris and herbs remain in the spotlight. And the stage is made of sandalwood.

After a while the myrrh disappears again and it turns into a soft almost watery floral but with the strength of the sandalwood behind it. Unfortunately after this it starts fading away quite rapidly.

Although I love sandalwood, and like myrrh and olibanum/frankincense, I had my doubts about this one because I don't do well with florals, nor do I usually like herbs. But in this they all come together beautifully. Quite simply this is one of the best florals I have ever tried. I just wish it lasted longer and had a little more throw.

At first sniff, this is floral, but a nice, non-obnoxious floral with some sweet spiciness underneath it. Over time, the iris drops out and the sandalwood and herbs come to the fore. It's actually a fairly neutral scent -- it's there, purring along in the background, but not in-your-face at all. Something to wear when you want a bit of a lift, but don't want to Make Yourself Noticed. Staying power is moderate to good -- it doesn't hold up well in the daytime Texas summer heat, but is still quite present after 6 hours in the later evening. Bottom line: not a top-rank favorite, but a definite keeper nonetheless.

Nefertiti is rich and sweet, but smooth and deep, too. At first I thought maybe there was some jasmine in here but maybe not (I guess that's iris). I think what I'm mostly getting is olibanum and myrrh, because it does smell sweet and resin-y. Which is a good thing. I was a little wary because sometimes sandalwood goes nuts on my skin. It can become overpowering and takes on a weird almost buttery feeling. But so far the sandalwood is behaving. This is a sexy scent!

Nerfertiti-

In Bottle: Ooh, very grassy.

Wet: Still grassy, with a floral note.

Dry: This seems to recede pretty quickly, but it wasn't enchanting me anyway.

Overall: Uninteresting.

On me this is very heavy on the sandalwood and myrrh.... two notes my skin amps up horrifically. < sigh > Ah well... at least I tried it.

This was a imp gifty from the lab....I've ordered several of the Love Potions, and they are among my faves -- this had a very different character than many I've tried, so that was nice.

In the bottle: Wet, wet, wet, BIG iris scent. Very refreshing. This is the scent of the old-fashioned bearded irises you sometimes see in the Midwest around older homes. So nostalgic for me. A lover-ly "spring scent".

Wet: Moremoremore iris....if scents have a color, this is a pale silvery-lavender, very elegant and pretty. Soft and soothing to the nose. Just a whiff of the sandalwood, as it starts to become just a bit woody. And then......

Drydown: .......no more sandalwood. How very strange. And disappointing for me, since I LOVE sandalwood. This remains just very wetly floral on me. Sort of ALL iris, ALL the time. Average throw. OK staying power.

I'm thinking I'll put my little imp away, and save it 'til spring. This seems like a VERY springlike fragrance to me, and maybe by then my new-fresh-lab-imp will be slightly less one dimensional. Don't get me wrong....this is nice. Just kinda one-dimensional on me.

This is beautiful in the vial...I can't even describe it...it's rich smelling..intoxicating..beautiful...wow. Not floral, not woody..just the perfect combination of things.

Wet on the skin it's luxurious...it's sweet, with a bit of herbal tone..the iris comes out quite a bit, but it's not an obnoxiously intense floral.

As it dries down I never do get any hint of sandalwood..I just continue to get this very rich smelling royal bouquet of flowers..I'm not sure if I would want this in a large bottle to be honest, as much as I do like it - it's just not really me - and the hubby didn't seem to keen on it either and said that if I did get a large bottle, I'd most likely never wear it :P

So I'll keep the imp, and see if it gets any use and take it from there.

In the Bottle

A touch of incense. I can smell sandalwood right off the bat, with a touch of flower. I initially thought it was jasmine, but after rereading the description I realize that it's definitely iris. A very jasmine-y iris, but still iris.

Intial Wearing

Iris. Pure, fresh cut iris.

After Drydown

It's dusty in a very desert way. The iris notes are still the strongest and seem to have become sweeter, but the rest of the oils combine to make a dusty, warm smell. I'm not good at picking bottom notes apart, but I think it's the sandalwood giving me the dust feeling. It's a very sweet floral.

Overall Impression

This scent makes me think of bouquets of iris in a desert palace. It's a little bit light for me, but it has great staying power. It will be good for those days when my body is acting up and I can't stomach stronger fragances.

In the bottle:

Sweet, crisp and aquatic. Not what I was expecting, but I like it.

Wet:

Green in a very specific way - I smell a very specific plant, but I can't identify it. It's not a harsh green... more of a comforting green. I also smell some floral... but I'm not sure what it's called.

Dry down:

This is pretty and yet exotic. Something is sweet, possibly the sandalwood and florals, and the herbs give it this little exotic, fresh kick. The longer I wear it, the sweeter it gets, but not in the sugar-vanilla way that my skin usually turns things sweet.

Final thoughts:

I like it a lot. It's more complex than something that just smells "good." The florals are very creamy and sweet. I can see why people would wear this on interviews - the florals/sandalwood keep it "perfumey," but the herbs make it different.

this is a summery, sweet and warm floral on me. not what iris generally smells like to me, so maybe it's the herbs that are the floral-scented component? i dont get much sandalwood, except perhaps way in the background. something about this scent is extremely familiar but i can't place it. it reminds me of the desert.