Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White tea, Mysore sandalwood, orris concrete, rice absolute, hinoki wood, and amber.

TIL the junk of a pegasus is glorious.

Creamy rice, orris, and amber lead on my skin, with hints of white tea and wood. The creamy rice is really the Empress of this domain. For the other notes, the orris seems to contribute to the creaminess, and does not go powdery on me. I pick up a bit more of the tea on the wand than on my skin in this case; the tea and wood are part of the background.

This is so smooth, creamy, and cultured. This could be a sister or cousin to Alabaster Vulva (white amber, sheer vanilla, orris butter, Italian bergamot, narcissus); they're of similar moods and I'd put them in the same family. The rice and wood give Pegasus Junk more of a Shunga feel; it seems that the pegasus is the spirit creature of Heian-era Japanese aristocracy.

Huh!  I’m getting a lot of creamy lemon (from the white tea and amber combo maybe?), with a good lashing of fragrant rice and ethereal orris.  This is weird, but I feel like I’m smelling unicorn cereal.  Fruity, creamy, definitely shimmering, opalescent, and glittering.

Rice, white tea and lemon. I got something that smells like sweet and salty popcorn rice balls. Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Good throw and wear length.

Floral white tea that's quickly overtaken by a salty white rice note.  It's a similar note to the one in Hungry Ghost Moon, and it's not as buttery and rich as the basmati note.  I think the saltiness is coming from the sandalwood which is becoming a little more obvious as the fragrance develops.  Aaaaaand now it's a vaguely floral, incense over gentle rice.  Like jasmine rice if it was scented with things other than jasmine.  It's odd and interesting.  I'm enjoying the junk blends.  We definitely need more junk, Ted!  ;)  

Wet: Oh! A blast of salt right off the bat. Otherwise, I'm getting... rice, lemon and tea. (It's actually a lot nicer than it sounds.)

Dry: The lemon has died off, and it's mostly just... rice and tea now. (The saltiness is still present, btw.)

I wish the lemon would have stuck around, but this was a unique scent experience!

Okay, so this is really strange.

In the bottle: a not unpleasant dry scent with toasted rice and orris.

Wet: mostly orris (powder) and white tea, with a hint of something.that isn't skin musk pretending to be skin musk. It actually smells sort of like the warm skin of an animal (salt).

Dry: after about an hour I get a strong salty, toasted and wet rice smell (probably what the others are describing as popcorn) and the sandalwood gets stronger, the orris fades to the background, the tea is gone, and a powdery amber comes out.

I don't get any lemon at all (I'm okay with that as we have a history of hating each other), or any florals, and it smells very warm and dry. Not at all creamy. 

I look forward to trying any non sweet, non floral bpals, but quite often they wind up being dry sandalwood blends that leave me feeling really thirsty.

Edited by Biocarbons

In the decant, I smell the lemony white tea and salty rice.

Those are also the notes that stand out on my skin at first. Once the white tea finally calms down, the salty, buttery rice becomes the dominant note, backed by the powdery orris and hinoki wood. I love Mysore sandalwood and amber, but I am not really getting those beneath all of the rice, which is actually making me hungry despite the powdery orris (which is the second most prominent note after a few hours). :P

Pegasus Junk is pretty unique, but it is not something I would choose to smell like. (The rice note is very realistic, though!)

Edited by doomsday_disco

Something about this makes me giggle everytime I apply it...to the point that I HAVE to buy a bottle.

Smells like shortbread cookies next to white tea, to the unknowing nose! And I can't shake it even after reading the description! I love it.

Pegasus Junk is very appealing and foodier than I expected.  I was especially interested in trying the rice note -- when I cook basmati rice, it often smells like I"m popping popcorn, so I think that's where people are getting that association.  So I get lemony white tea, toasty rice and orris.  The tea note fades first on me, but it's replaced by that toothsome salt note and the dry woods, and once it reaches this stage it stops morphing and lasts a good long while.  I never get much in the way of amber. 

This is just the right balance of foody and well, non-foody for me. The rice is the star of the show for me, adding a bit of a musky and grounded note for the others to dance around. Definitely slightly citrusy, but the hinoki wood and the white tea elevate the blend into creamy woodsy territory. Definitely a wonderful blend for hot weather, as it is refreshing without feeling clean or soapy.