Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White sandalwood, pink carnation, clove bud, muguet, and vanilla absolute.

I love this!  I feel like I’m smelling a Lush product—Skinny Dip maybe?  I would love this in a bath oil or linen spray!  It’s delicately spicy (mild clove bud and carnation), but also creamy from the vanilla and muguet, which is not sharp at all, but gently floral.  This is beautiful!

Clove, carnation, and creamy vanilla with a touch of sandalwood. It's a gentle spiced floral. Good throw and wear length.

I've worn this several times now, keep coming back to it because it is so good. It smelled familiar after a while and I realized the background notes are similar to Chimera. It must be the sandalwood and vanilla with the spicy notes creating a similarity. Ganymede's Junk does not have cinnamon though, instead there is the cooler warmth of clove with beautiful carnation. This is more delicate and overall just fantastic. It only lasts about 3-4 hours on me before fading to a skin scent, I guess that is the trade-off for the delicacy and gentle spice that doesn't hit you over the head.

the opening to this is a rich vanilla sandalwood reminding me of reapers gonna reap. however, within about an hour or so this morphs into a creamy spicy soft carnation. it's a nice femme carnation blend that is big in personality yet soft in sillage.

Ganymede's Junk features the same pink carnation note found in High-Strung Daisies. The pink carnation and clove are the dominant notes, followed by the muguet, with the vanilla and white sandalwood lurking in the background. I amp carnation, so I am not surprised that it ends up being the main player on me throughout wear. Nothing is able to overtake the carnation and clove combo on me, although I am able to detect more of the white sandalwood after a few hours of wear.

Not bad, but I'll stick with High-Strung Daisies for when I want to smell like pink carnation, since that blend is sweeter.

In the decant: Clove and carnation, with the clove predominant. If the sandalwood is contributing, it's serving to bolster the clove's throw. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's clove over carnation. As it dries, the clove remains the top note, though I can find the silkier spice of the carnation underneath. The vanilla absolute is also coming out in the background, adding a layer of smoothness and creaminess to this scent. If I get the sandalwood, it's still as a supporting note underneath the clove. 

Once it develops a little more on my skin, I can pick out the sandalwood independently of the clove -- but the sandalwood is still very much a background note. The carnation and vanilla absolute remain supporters as well, smoothing and silkening the sandalwood-clove combination. I like this a lot. 

A lovely floral sandalwood! Mostly smell pink carnation and clove, as my brain neutralizes detection of sandalwood. Soft sweetly green muguet is a lovely addition.  All notes are relatively easy to detect on me.  Seems dominant notes vary quite a bit depending on the wearer yet everyone is having a relatively pleasant experience. Yay!

This starts out with a kick of clove and an almost bubble-gummy sugariness, but it evolves into a creamy carnation scent.  The sandalwood stays in the background but smooths things out, and the clove and more spicy aspects of the carnation are subdued.  I get very little vanilla and no detectable muguet.  Pretty, but I have other carnations scents I like better.  

Carnation is my favorite floral, so I love Ganymede's Junk.  It's got the more delicate scent of clove bud as opposed to spice rack clove complementing the spicy carnation, and a dry white sandalwood sweetened with vanilla.  I'm not able to make out any lily of the valley.  A must-try for lovers of carnation blends like Alice and Maiden -- or if the rose in those blends put you off.  

Wet: Very clove forward but not acrid or intense clove cigarette smell.

Dry: This is warm woody carnations, vanilla, and soft clove.  It's a lovely smell.  The spice is very complimentary.