Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Casablanca

Wet Fingers

White sandalwood, champaca, snow mint, and thyme.

This blend started mostly as a curiosity for me, and it turned out enticing and pretty.

In the bottle I smelled mostly the snow mint, with hints of other things.

But on my skin, this turned into a finely balanced fragrance. I could pick out the four listed notes. Snow mint and thyme were perhaps a little stronger, and then sandalwood, and champaca being the most blended in. But the balance of notes really just made something new and pretty on me that was its own.

The blend lasted 2 - 3 hours, which for me is just a little longer than normal. It didn't change much on me during its life.

It is a slippery scent to me in the bottle, & I love the sandlewood note that makes it seem like a beautiful floral with a naughty center! Plays with the nose. It is mostly minty when it dries on my skin.

Edited by Rane.

The sweet mint and herbal green of the thyme share an equal partnership with the champaca at first.  The mint starts to drift away early in dry down, and the champaca becomes more prominent, neck and neck with thyme.  The thyme wins out on my skin, but just barely.  The sandalwood whispers at me in the late dry down.  The champaca in this is very nice, and if you like thyme, definitely check this one out.  The notes work together to make a unique melange, but I'm not sure if that melange strikes my fancy enough for me to buy a bottle, since I have quite a few beautiful champaca blends already.  It is an interesting twist on my beloved champaca though, and I will enjoy having something so different in my imp collection. 

Edited by VetchVesper

Wet: Smarties candies dissolved in a half cup of "spring fresh" laundry detergent.

Dry: still kind of detergenty, but I can smell the thyme  the mint and a pine scent (not overly lemony). The sandalwood is starting to peek through making the scent smell dry. On the right person I bet this would be a very nice scrub pine, arid, semi desert scent.

This seems like it will give me a headache in any great amount.

Maybe my nose is off and I shouldn't be reviewing.  It smells really salty to me? Like I know there's snow mint and thyme but combined with the champaca it smells aquatic to me. Its a bit sweet too. Not bad, just not expected.

Aquatic lovers, give this one a shot and write what you think!

Minty snow, touch of thyme and sandalwood. This sort of reminds me Death of a Gravedigger or Cloister Snowyard from the Salons. It's got that cool snowy mint, but touches of warmth underneath.

Perhaps I amp champaca, because my experience of this scent seems very different from the other reviewers. It's like modern hippie for me with the champaca most prominent on me and the thyme gives it more of an herbal green quality, and the snowy mint perhaps calms the champaca a bit more, but it's not prominent on me. I actually really like it, and didn't even know I wanted to smell like a modern hippie, but BPAL surprises me yet again!

This is kind of blend I adore. It makes me want to file Wet Fingers in the winter category so I can wear it from winter into spring, alongside Snow of the Gravestones at Petersfriedhof. The snow mint is indeed snowy, frozen drops of lemon mingling with the freshness of the mint for an herb that is very far away from peppermint or spearmint or anything toothpastey-mint. Thyme mingles in with a delicately herbal, incandescently bitter touch. They scatter over a backdrop of incense, which is of course pale sandalwood and upright champaca.

Somehow, Wet Fingers is both warm and cool. She is both holy - that incense is really galloping away with champaca, the holier-than-thou of incense blends - and sensual, with something about the herbs suggesting the indolence of orange blossom. I am in awe every time I apply some, and deeply grateful I managed to acquire a bottle after this baby was discontinued.

Once you have found her, never let her go...