Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shadowdawn

Honeyed Amber and Red Currant

[No additional description provided.]

Hmm... this is... interesting! Actually, it smells so, so very much like another BPAL perfume that I once had; almost exactly the same in the drydown (but of course I can't think of it now, though I think I ended up swapping it). If I think of it, I'll come back and pop it in here. But, alas, this didn't turn out as I would hope on me. I was really hoping for a strong golden amber, with a peppery dark fruit undertone, and a hint of smoky honey. However, it seems that the 'honey' note from the lab only works on me half of the time, perhaps less. Because this turns full on baby power/plastic/rancid on me. Disappointing drydown aside, upon first sniff (and first application), all I get is honey. Really, really, really powerful honey, along with a sharp fruity/fruit loop (the currant). I detect no amber at all, personally. It's devoured by the swell of a honey tidal-wave. It's not really very complex at all. The sharpness of the fruit dissolves into nothing pretty quickly and the whole thing goes to plastic dusted with baby powder, where it pretty much hangs out until it dies. Off to the swaps. *sigh* 

For what it's worth, my cat couldn't stop trying to lick it all off my arm though. 

Wet: Pretty much just the honeyed amber, I can't find the red currant anywhere. A little powder-y smelling.

Dry: Still not getting any of the red currant on drydown; it's all honeyed amber. The powder scent from earlier is gone, and it's sweeter than the wet stage.

I think I'll re-test this again in a month to see if the red currant comes out.

Honey and amber do so well together in this year lupers, at least so far!  I'm getting juicy currant and a touch of sweet honey at first, which dries down to a rich, robust honey amber with a touch of the currant.  I like this, and will use up the decant.  It seems a bit rich for warmer weather, but is lovely for a cooler day or evening.

Wet, getting a low throw version but its evenly mixed between liquid clear honey over white amber and a splash of red currant. Reminds me of capri sun juice boxbags?

When it dries down the currant gets stronger with a warm amber background.

I was expecting the oomph of EatMe currant with like strong orange amber wildflower honey over dark reddish amber. That's my fault... this is great in its own right.

Clear honey with a whiff of amber and red currant. It's mainly a honey with a touch of amber. Good throw and wear length.

Bpal's amber almost always turns to baby powder on my skin (except the black amber, sometimes), which is sad, because amber is one of my favorite scents.  This one is very powdery and dry, with a hint of sour, tart red currant.  I can't pick out any honey.