Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellocentipede

A Chance Meeting in Springtime

Peach-touched sandalwood, fig meat, and milky white musk.

This is a nice white peach musk.  Something in it—perhaps the musk—is reminding me of orris.  It’s a clean and dry scent that’s fruity but also a little elegant.  It’s like a grown up version of a peach perfume—very pretty and classy.

Fig, peach, white musk and a whiff of sandalwood. I get a ton of fig, and white musk. Good throw and wear length.

I went back and forth about buying this one for a while, but was ultimately lured in by the "peach sandalwood," thinking that it would be an interesting combination. I was a little leery of the "musk" in it, as musk has a tendency to dominate any other smell on me, but I figured why not.

That, and I absolutely adore the art on the bottle for this one. It's so charming.

In the bottle, I smell musk and fig. The musk isn't overpowering at all - which I thought, "Okay, maybe this won't be overpowering and make me smell like a little old church lady's purse."

On wearing it, I don't get any of the peach or sandalwood notes (wah!), and, as I suspected, it turns into a one note profile on my skin. It goes on and smells mildly soapy, actually - that clean fragrance with a hint of something darker beneath it. I suspect that's the white musk. Over time, as it mellows out, I do smell more of the fig, and maybe, if I breathe in hard enough, the barest trace of sandalwood. As someone that's drawn to deep incense-y smells, this is a "cleaner" fragrance that I'm used to, and is very faint on my skin. It requires several applications throughout the day to keep it going. 

Wet: Sweet peach with sandalwood and musk.  Uh... I love this right now? It's sweet, juicy, clean, musky, and almost a little salty. Into it. I hope I can get some fig later!

Dry: A light peachy sandalwood. It's lost a lot of the "umph" it had in the wet stage. It's still perfectly nice, but I far prefer the wet stage to the dry down. 

This is GORGEOUS. 

White flowing peach and fig meat with a lovely clean peach glow when dry. Whatever makes white musk milky, I need more of it. Turning 42 can make you feel old and like your skin chemistry is molding from the inside out.. Chance Meeting reverses those feelings and effects. 

Another bottle buy for sure. Beth has outdone herself this year. All the lupers are beautiful.

On my skin the fig meat blooms and goes in tandem with the sandalwood. The milky white musk rounds out the fig around the edges. No sign of the peach. Milky (a little powdery) fleshy sweet fig. Very breezy and yummy smelling.

No peach for me, and this turns soapy rather than milky on my skin.  A very clean, perfumey musk with an extra jolt from the clean, powdery sandalwood.  Hints of woody, sweet fig, but mostly this is having a 'clean laundry left out to dry' kind of feel to me.  Breezy, soapy, powdery woods.

Ugh, I am so behind on testing things!

Wet: Something green and wet. Slightly soapy. Hints of wood. A tiny bit of fruit. I'm not making this sound great I'm sure, but it's very pleasant. Not really a smell I want to wear, but it smells like it would be a good "house smell". Clean, airy, sweet. Nice.

Dry: The fig takes on a less green and slightly more floral note as it dries. It's very nice, soft and pretty, just not really me.

Edited by LizziesLuck

In the bottle I smell peach cream. It's love/dislike for me on that. This one I have to apply to fully enjoy. Kind of makes me think of it as the sister of Body, Remember. Once I apply it tho, oh goodness I could easily melt: Soft peachy cream, delightful fig. I think the sandalwood is giving it that creamy smell.