Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Fig milk, honeyed vanilla, black tea, and hay absolute.

Passionate meetings with impactful boons. 

Wet: Smooth fig and vanilla spring forth in this scent. Like something you can just slip into without pause. The black tea gives this a sort of bitter tranquility that is hard to not savor. There is a sensation of sinking in the black tea while fig laced vanilla is poured into the cup. 

The throw is wide and of delightful quality. 

Dry: The hay absolute makes this become sweeter than before. It doesn’t take on a different sweet quality but rather the fig’s sweetness becomes amplified a bit more. This is where the black tea becomes important. The black tea prevents this effect from becoming too overwhelming in the given notes. The vanilla takes a slight back step while everything else is rounded out. 

The throw remains consistent in this from the wet stage. 

Final thoughts: So creamy, lush, and savory. I find myself enjoying the sensation of being wrapped up in this fragrance. This is my first journey into fig scents and this will ensure it will not be my last. I do not find this to be a foodie scent in the slightest. It’s just a well rounded and intoxicating fragrance. 

I feel like I will run out of this too soon for how often I am tempted to wear it. Yeah. I think I’ll just order another bottle while it’s still available.

Update:: After several hours of wear I’m left with a light honey scent with fig. The almond and black tea is barely looming in the background. It’s like a nice cool down or reprieve at the end of the day. This really is a good scent with a lot of throw. 

How do I even follow up after that amazing review? This is so pretty and creamy. It starts out smelling like fancy soap, I guess that's the tea and fig. To me, fig doesn't have a definitive smell. Just generically sweet. It ends up smelling like a fancy version of a cream coconut. And the honey isn't overpowering or amping on me, which is a plus. It's really nice, I recommend it!

This is a smooth vanilla cream steeped with lush fig and honey, and poured into hot black tea. This is the luxury black tea beverage you order after dinner in lieu of a fancy late-night coffee. Hints of drying grasses blend well.

Fig-infused vanilla cream dominates the first phase. The honey is a mild touch; the tea and dried grasses add maturity.

Once this dries, the fig vanilla cream has calmed. It lingers, but I find more honey, black tea leaves, and dried grasses around it. This smells to me like the honey from the Honey Pot blends I've tried: light and mellow, rather than heavy and sugar-crunchy.

Hints of almond peek out of the honey. The blend goes softer on my skin.

Lovely and complex. 

Light creamy honey, milk, and soft warm grasses. This one is a very light and creamy blend. Good throw and wear length.

A gorgeous spicy black tea in the bottle and on application — the tea from Plunder. This lasts for a good hour, but eventually fades into something vaguely sweet and creamy. If it lasted longer this would be a bottle for sure.

In the vial and on me, Atsui-Mono is strong on the fig milk. It's the same one from Sudsy She-Wolf Bath Oil, only there's a lot more of it here. The honey is next in prominence, with some warm hay and black tea peeking out in the background once the scent is dry. The fig milk never stops being the dominant note on me, and I just seem to be getting more fig over time. I never get any vanilla.

This ended up being, as I suspected, too figgy for me, but those that love fig should give it a try!

An addictive morpher, like eating candy. Smells very pink and creamy to me, due to the fig meat and vanilla cream. Drydown stays the same. Still pink. Still awesome.

This is a long term winner and deserves a multibottle purchase. This lupers update is killing me. Beth stop reading my mind!! ;)

Many creamy tea scents - my favorite Shungas - need aging to develop any sort of presence or throw. But from the very first testing, Atsui-Mono walked into the room and was here to stay. She's a bold, figgy tea, creamed and sugared with a mere hint (like not even a full twist) of lemon that is probably the hay. Honey? Hiding somewhere, nicely checked by the fig and sweet vanilla, and those are the notes that stick around, long after the tea has vanished.

I'm enjoying this one so much. It reminded me a lot of Humorous Copulation, but in the end I love H.C.'s drydown so much, that one will probably get the backup bottle. But I will treasure my full bottle of Atsui-Mono quite dearly.

This year is the first year I really got into the Lupercalia scents, and I'm so glad I chose this one. It's creamy, balanced with a strong tea note, with a hint of vanilla and fig and the hay hides there somewhere in the background. On me, it generally doesn't morph much, just becomes a bit softer overall, and I don't need to reapply often. It has a very sophisticated appeal - I recently kept wearing it for a round of job interviews, and was complimented on it, so I'll take that as a win. Will definitely enjoy using this one up.

Wet: um… bubblegum?

On: Honey and fig seems to remind me of bubblegum. It’s much more recognisable as such now. It’s a little heady, maybe the tea (black tea specifically for some reason can make me feel dizzy). I find this to be quite a skin-close scent on me, or maybe, my skin is just suuuuper thirsty.

Dry down: The throw here is actually quite good but only if I’m not breathing directly on my wrist (strange). It’s a light honey and fig milk scent, with a nice throw. The hay comes up just on the tip of my nose and is earthy on me, and the black tea if I breathe deeply.

After 

I'm not sure this is love-- there's an edge of dry "hay" to it that keeps popping up that I don't love because it's just on the egde. I also hope that with age the fig and honey will emerge more, so here's hoping.

In the bottle: Fig and tea.

Wet on my skin: Soft, creamy vanilla tea with a bit of figgy sweetness.

Dry: This is a subtle, fuzzy scent on me. It's a slightly lemony, honey-sweetened black tea with equal parts creamy vanilla and creamy fig, and a suggestion of warm, sun-dried hay making everything just a little bit golden. There is a surprising amount of throw for such a gentle, subtle scent, and I keep catching whiffs of it as I am typing and thinking "Oh man, that smells nice." The way the fig milk, honey, and vanilla combine together gives it a slightly bubble-gummy pinkness, making it a cousin scent to Poor Monkey. If you like tea and/or Poor Monkey, you'll probably like this. I like both, and mmmmyes. Glad I sprang for the full bottle!

I wore Atsui Mono yesterday and am surprised I never reviewed it.  It is so comforting.  In fact, if I could have a beverage made for the current situation, it would be black tea with vanilla fig milk creamer and honey.  My skin always eats up tea notes, so the tea fades in drydown, but the rest lasts a good long time as a kind of pink-gold creamy fig with the subtle warmth of honey and hay.  I get a bit more throw than my skin usually allows, though not enough anyone else to notice now that we are all six feet apart.  But I knew I smelled fantastic.    

In the botte this smelled like fresh sweet cream, with just a hint of vanilla. Fresh on it was still creamy, but with a  brighter, almost floral quality to it. Looking at the notes I think it was the fig and hay combination. Dry it gets much softer and snuggly. I get soft, sweet fig-scented milky tea with a bit of honey sweetness over the top. There's just a bit of that sweet, dusty hay scent around the edges of it. Gorgeous. 

Late to the review game, as I start wearing bottle #2, scored from a forum sale.

All the notes in Atsui-Mono except black tea & hay are reliably great for me. Fig is the star player on my skin, with the honey adding a floral flourish. Cream, vanilla, black tea & hay are definitely background notes, although in a locket, the tea & hay are more discernable.

Sweet, gentle, floral-adjacent without being floral.  I love it. It also carries on the Shunga tradition of the last 6 years or so: blends with label images showing P in V ejaculation usually work for Teamama.

This is a very creamy scent. The black tea feels like a soft bed where the hay and fig milk are swirling in, stirred by a golden vanilla. This is a very soft, very realistic milky tea scent on me, elevated by that creamy but not overly sugary fig and honey.