Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Breathing life into the body: a joyful burst of sweet orange, Siamese benzoin, ylang ylang, and lime.

Sweet orange, lime, and ylang-ylang. This is a citrus based floral, and sort of sugared ylang ylang. Medium throw and wear length.

First applied, Right Ventricle is fresh and positively acidic with citrus. Sweet orange and lime, though smelling somehow a bit like paler fruit on me, like there's also a little white grapefruit or something hidden among them. 

After the early citrus burst, a sweet and tropically sultry ylang ylang comes out, and then benzoin. The combination is coming across as really sweet. At this stage, this actually reminds me a bit of fruity gum, but not in a bad way.

The ylang ylang continues to grow in intensity on me once dried. 

I once spilled most of a bottle of ylang ylang into homemade deodorant I was making. That was... so strong... I'd forgotten about this, but the dried blend is reminding me of it... 😂

A sweet and fruity tropical floral.

Wet: Zesty citrus and ylang ylang! Citrus-wise, I'm getting more lime than orange.

Dry: Darn, my skin has pretty much eaten this. The ylang ylang(which IMO is like a sweet, tropical floral scent) is the dominant scent though, with citrus trailing behind.

I think I'll hold on to the decant because the wet stage was really nice, but with how weak this was during the dry down.. I'm not sure I can splurge for a bottle.

Fresh application is bright zingy orange and lime as promised, and the ylang ylang shows up a few minutes later. Aaaaand then the citrus fades away, leaving a slightly resinous floral with only the ghost of fruit beneath it. 

An orange scent, but benzoin and ylang ylang are not far behind. I do not get lime at all on me. Overall, a citrus scent with strong resiny and floral components. I personally was hoping for something more citrusy and bright, but this is still pleasant.

I got a decant of Right Ventricle, I adore Ylang Ylang, it's one of very little floral scents I really love! Fruits can be great on my skin or go completely sour, so only a decant.

In the vial all I get is sweet orange and lime, both relatively balanced.

Wet on my skin I finally get my beloved Ylang Ylang. It's such a pretty heady floral. Both fruits are in the background but still there. At that stage I get no benzoin/no resin, it's just a nice fruit cocktail.

Dry both fruits are almost gone and I'm left with my Ylang Ylang and now there is a hint of benzoin. Not strong though.

Overall it's a really nice scent!

I'm rather confused by this scent. It's definitely bright citrus off the bat but quickly dies down to what I want to say is "gummy bears". What I'm confused about is there's an underlying scent in there which I can't decide is a note or bad skin chemistry. It's a little sour but not in a foody type way. I was hoping this would be a nice refreshing summer scent on me but it's not working with my skin. Alas.

In the bottle: Immediately I think of a cup of orange juice, freshly squeezed. It's more sweet than tangy and I'm not getting any lime right off the bat. Some floral from the ylang ylang.

Wet: Very sweet orange. Still no lime for me, but the ylang ylang and benzoin are more prominent once it's on the skin.

Dry: Mostly ylang ylang, with the sweet orange and benzoin hovering just behind.

There was an odd stickiness when I applied it, like I was rubbing straight orange juice onto my skin, and it remained as it dried down.