Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A holding chamber for blood returning from the lungs: red mimosa, airy white cedar, pink grapefruit, and white amber.

Mimosa, grapefruit, and amber. This one is a whiffy mimosa with amber. Wispy. Medium throw and wear length.

Red mimosa, pink grapefruit, and ... an actually airy white cedar. 

The mimosa has a reddish sweetness to it, especially in the first couple moments after applying. It seems that red mimosa is to mimosa as blood orange is to orange... This reminds me of the reddish, almost raspberry sweetness that blood oranges have versus oranges. This seems like a mimosa analog of that...

The pink grapefruit smells just like it does out of my pink grapefruit EO bottle. Sweet, fresh, wakening.

The cedar smells actually airy and white: like cedar, and yet not at all like heavy reddish cedar.

I don't catch any amber until drydown. Its paleness has it blending in well here.

But also in drydown, the blend turns a little tart, and then increasingly powdery. The powder reminds me of white musk but there could be another culprit. Pretty soon it's all fruit powder.

This started out fresh and pretty, but it isn't a match for my skin.

Grapefruit with mimosa. The two combine to make an almost orange scent, with a floral depth to it. As it wears on me, the floral component becomes stronger and I think I almost smell the cedar (very airy and light in this blend). But throughout, this blend remains a citrus scent.

As a citrus lover, I am very pleased with this one. And the noticeable floral lean of this scent separates it from other more fruity or sugary citrus scents in my collection. One of my favorite Lupers this year.

i've been reaching for this beauty quite a bit over the past few days. opens with a juicy burst of grapefruit against the thrummmm of mimosa, grounded by a light, resin-veined cedar.  seriously i can amp cedar for daayyyyys but in this blend the note is sublimely light, contributing to the blend without taking over.  this is one of those scents that is about "the blend," with the notes all working in harmony, not a one trying to hog the attention. this feels refreshing and so easy to wear, more like a classy aromatherapy blend than fancy perfume.   just a hint of sweetness, just under moderate throw, and fades to barely a skin scent after four-to-five hours.  

In the decant: Predominantly mimosa with a touch of grapefruit. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's mimosa and grapefruit with just a hint of amber. As it dries, grapefruit comes to the forefront, softened a bit by the complementary mimosa. Every so often I get a whiff of light powdery resin along the scent's edge. Given time to develop, the amber strengthens, and the grapefruit recedes a bit. The cedar also becomes detectable, though just barely, adding a soft grounding element to the blend. 

Each note in this blend is exquisite. Additionally, the mimosa-grapefruit combination and the amber-cedar combination are each stunning in their own right. Ultimately, however, the total experience never quite comes together on my skin. I'm very glad I got to try this, but it's a BPAL that will be remarkable... on someone else. ;) 

On this one I'm getting a gorgeous floral light amber; very ethereal, with a little sheer wash of pink grapefruit over everything. Stays very close to the skin; even though this is a Luper it's perfect for hot sticky summer days.

Wet I get a lot of grapefruit and amber and what I realize after checking notes is mimosa.  The drydown though features a lot less citrus; the cedar comes into play and although the mimosa is still present, this shifts into something surprisingly unisex.  It doesn't last terribly long on me, especially not the first phase with the grapefruit.  I wish my skin didn't eat it up so.  Many thanks to the generous forumite who PIF'd me this!