Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Receiving and holding deoxygenated blood: luminous amber and white tea, cherry blossom and cashmere wood.

White tea, cherry blossom, and amber. This is a very white tea blend, well blended, pretty and very delicate. Good throw and wear length.

Refreshing white tea with an almost soapy cherry blossom note. It feels both fresh and grounded.

The throw is good, and the wear length is medium-ish, because it does start going mainly amber on me after a few hours.

Wet: Tea with cherry blossom. Very fresh smelling!

Dry: My skin has eaten the tea note, BOO. The cashmere wood(which to my nose kind of reads as like a combination of wood and musky vanilla?) has come through though, and it's about 50/50 note wise between that and the cherry blossom. The cherry blossom is borderline-soapy now, but I think the cashmere wood is keeping it from going overboard.

I love this so much I don't think I'm going to be able to coherently review it.

It is sweet, soft, and a little bright from the white tea.  The tea, cherry blossoms, and wood all blend together to create a beautiful spring scent.  The white tea is always underneath, supporting the cherry and wood, keeping them from going too powdery, too sweet, too fruity, or too woody.  It's like fluffy white and pink cashmere with bright sun and a comfortable spring breeze.

Ooh. Pink tinted white tea. Sweet and waftingly beguiling. The cashmere wood provides a nice musk base. I love this too. Its going on the bottle list. This order is gonna be massive.

Fresh, springy, clean, cheerful, rather tart, and slightly soapy.  The lab's white tea tends to have a sharpness and a sour, citrus edge to my nose.  The cherry blossom adds a sweet creaminess that settles down some of those sharper tones, though.  Pretty, sweet, creamy blossoms floating in a cup of lemony tea.  As it dries down, the cashmere wood is adding a powdery, slightly white musky, clean sweater to the mix, and I don't like the dryness that it brings in.  An undertone of laundry soap.

This comes out of the gate with astringent white tea notes, very fresh and almost herbal. There's a floral aspect, but the tea is strongest. It's clean without being sharp or veering into cologne territory. It definitely evokes spring for me.

Opens with a blast of tea, but almost immediately calms down to be more cherry blossom-forward on me. Very bright... and yet the wood gives it a bit of a muted feel and keeps it from being too in-your-face floral. The amber surfaces later and helps balance it a bit better, but it seems like this has the tea note that my skin loves to gobble up. It is a REALLY pretty scent, but doesn't reach it's full potential on me. I'd like to see this wood note in more blends!

Right atrium starts out as citrusy white tea, a note that never lasts long on my skin.  The next phase is dominated by soft, sweet cherry blossom, and then the gentle wood, a note I'm not familiar with, is evident.  I don't get a lot of amber; this is mainly cherry blossom on me, and could easily be a shunga.  Light and pretty but not really me.  

This goes on very green, like breathing in a big lungful of a bouquet that smells more like the leaves than the florals themselves.  Must be the white tea and cherry blossoms coming forward on me first. After about 20 or 30 minutes on me, it shifts into a general warm, lightly sweet scent, which must be the amber and cashmere wood.  It made me realize how much I love amber, though it doesn't throw very far on my skin. Ends up being a more private scent that only I or someone standing very very close to me can smell, but absolutely lovely.

You know how certain scents are just classically Shunga/Luper to your nose? Whatever that might mean to you? Right Atrium is that for me. White tea in creamy, Asian-tinted glory, all its notes in richly elegant harmony, so that when I wear it, I feel that is Lupercalia season.

Amber is always something that warms and glows in the background of blends that I wear, and so it is here; it's the tea-light beneath the teapot, keeping it all snug and cozy for you. The white tea will be instantly recognizable to any fans of it in other blends, and the cherry blossom a fragrant Japanese floral that says "soap" to some, cool sweetness to others. But the cashmere wood is a note that swirls the rest with creaminess, with gently resinous depth, that is wholly unique in my experience with white tea blends. Nowhere to be found is the sourness that milk-cream notes can sometimes take on; this is resin-cream, and it is woolly-sweet throughout its wear.

Soft when it came out last year, Right Atrium has gained some intensity with age but is still a beautifully wearable scent for the office or working with those used to more "innocent" scents such as Bath and Body Works. Someone who loved their Japanese Cherry Blossom, for instance, would find this very soothing, more rich and complex. White tea fans should run, not walk, to this atrium.

Right Atrium is a sweet pink stunner. Fresh white tea, a viscous amber shimmering glow, musky sweet wood, and the delicate floral of cherry blossoms floating above it all. 
This blend screams feminine. It manages to be cozy, refreshing, and sweet all at once. A blend for girly girls who want to get more into woods or resins. A blend for a summer tea party under the blue sky. A blend for innocent romance. A blend for gossip while shopping with the besties. This is what all those cute anime girls smell like. 

You, too, could smell like this: 

E65861-C8-20-FB-406-D-AF97-E85095-C69984

Get some Right Atrium and feel the wind whisper secrets in your delicate cat ears~

Edited by artisjok

I'm really glad this ended up on my radar. It's one of those blends that illustrates that note combinations are probably more crucial to my enjoyment of a scent than the notes alone. Cherry blossoms can go soapy; white tea can be too citrusy for my tastes. But here, these notes combined just work. I think the wood and tea help keep the florals grounded, and the result is pretty magical. It smells, to me, like a steaming cup of white tea scented with fresh cherry blossoms. If there's such a thing as sakura tea (which there probably is), I need to try it. 

In the decant: White tea, cherry blossom, wood.

On me: Same. I'm getting white tea and cherry blossom backed by a powdery amber and the wood. The white tea only gets stronger on me with wear, as it is wont to do, but it isn't as astringent as it usually is, and I still get touches of the cherry blossom and resins after several hours of wear, with the amber and cashmere wood being more prominent than the cherry blossom note.

Verdict: This is a nice, delicate, airy sort of blend. I will have to retest it to see if it is something I'd actually wear, but it is pretty!

I purchased this as a gift, but had to try it out before letting it go. This is not something I would have ever purchased for myself, despite its name. The white tea is crisp and the cherry blossom is soft, coming together to create not-green yet not-floral purity. The amber and cashmere tie it all together with some warmth and complexity. It's nice and clean, just not my cup.