Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

National Emergy (sic)

A four-alarm fire made of bold faced lies: bullshit-brown patchouli aflame with red ginger and pimento, sugared with the poisonous false promises of a racist autocrat, soured by hazard-yellow lemon rind.

Proceeds from the sale of this perfume blend will benefit the American Civil Liberties Union.

Orange pez, hints of ginger and pimento, with a whiff of patchouli on the drydown. This is one is sort of fiery orange. It's actually not a bad blend, but I can also see why this smells sort of like a fake suntan oil. Medium throw and wear length.

National Emergy should smell like a flaming pile of horseshit.  Instead it's very orange (how appropriate) with plenty of spicy ginger.  The patchouli was a false promise on me; I guess my skin ate it up because I really never found it.  On me, this is like a Chimes Orange Ginger Chew.  It has good throw when wet, not much afterwards (which is normal for my skin), and lasted about 4 hours on me.  

This smells pretty amazing in the bottle. It smells really nice after it's on, but that's about it. Very tropical, like ginger flower and a hint of orange. I can see the link to suntan oil, but this smells too much on the citrus side for me to consider that. Wet, it's great. But it only seemed to last an hour or two, then became this bland, light ginger smell on my hand. I can see amping this up a bit by mixing it with some peppercorn and patchouli that sticks around. Maybe it just doesn't play well with my chemistry.

I can also see the link to Chimes Orange ginger candy. It's just not "loud" enough for me. I feel like it's way too subtle.

Edited by torikitty

Orange liqueur aflame with red ginger and a hot little whiff of cinnamon. 

On my skin, Emergy shifts into orange lollipop liqueur aflame with red ginger and a little cinnamon. Neroli and orange blossom often turn to orange lollipop candy on me, so maybe there's some of that hiding here. Perhaps the sugared part is also bringing this toward liqueur for me. This isn't boozy, but it smells to me like the syrupy, fruity part of an orange liqueur.

Pimento pops in, being its slightly sweet and strange self.

In drydown, I also start to get cracked peppercorn. Strong red ginger, with hints of peppercorn and cinnamon or cassia.

This is not a good combo for me, but I'm glad to try it.

In the decant: Candy. Fruity, spicy candy. 

On my skin:

Wet, this is delightfully gingery, like eating the good kind of crystallized ginger that's a lot ginger and just a bit of sugar. As it dries, I get a wee tiny bit of lemon and a wee tiny bit of pimento. This seems to be where it stays. It's absolutely delightful. The only sadness is that I never get the patchouli.