Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A spontaneous impulse: sparkling lemon verbena, apple pulp, white ginger, and champagne.

Well what do we have here. A 10/10 scent. This is a BIG winner. Everyone in the family loves this scent. I think i will have to get a back up bottle. Also really want to try more of "The Hearthstone and the Heat" Collection.

Wet/Bottle: Lemon bubblegum. Not flowery 

Dry: Lemon fresh scent but doesn't smell like a typical lemon cleaner scent. I don't get any Apple pulp, I think it mixes with the Champagne and adds sweetness. No Flower still.

Long dry down: After a few  hours i smell light lemon floral. Nothing to strong. 

Definitely get a least a decant of this if you can. Highly recommend. 

~daddy

Crisp ginger, lemon and apples. This is citrusy fruit, with a hint of creaminess, and its light, refreshing, and fruity. Good throw and wear length.

Very sweet, candy lemon scent. I can just pick out the apple, which is more a green, tart apple that adds to the candy nature of the lemon in this scent. I occasionally will get a slight whiff of carbonation, but it's much more sugary lemon soda than champagne. And I do not get any ginger. Due to its notes, I had high hopes for this scent, but unfortunately, the lemon dominates everything. I was hoping for a more intricate lemon scent, and this goes almost straight hard lemon candy on me. 

Having just finished a final exam in which the heart's function featured prominently, I was delighted to see this series and had to get the fragrance for my favourite heart-part. I didn't expect much of it - most lemon and champagne scents fade to Lemonheads on me, and I really just wanted to try this one for the name - but I was very pleasantly surprised! This fragrance could be an elegant springtime cocktail, and it's light and effervescent, bubbling over with a sweetly celebratory feeling - like standing in warm sunshine while hearing good news. I've been super-stressed lately and feel like this perfume will help me cheer up a bit. If you get Lysol or candy from these notes in other scents, then you might want to give Sinoatrial Node a try!

I feel like a lot of the lemon BPAL scents I've tried lately have been really sugary and candied, and this is no exception. I was hoping lemon verbena would equal a more herbal background, but the scent is more akin to lemon drops or a lemon-lime soda than champagne and lemon verbena. I do get the apple, but it feels to me like it's just supporting the sweetness rather than bringing anything distinct to the party. It's not unpleasant by any means, just sweet lemon-apple candy and not much more complex than that. 

This is an... interesting one on me!

It starts out with a fizzy sweet lemon, very lemon drop, sweet tart like on me, with a heavy dose of apple.

As someone who'se been a big fan of apple scents this year (who would have thought) I can say that this is a bright sweet apple, very similar if not the same one as in Lamb's Wool, which makes it very much a win on me. It's bright and fizzy and sweet, and overall a good time fresh on!

About half an hour-hour in the champagne comes out, I think I'm amping it slightly as I tend to do with a lot of liquor notes. It's still bright, but a bit more boozy, and less of a cuddly apple. I never got any ginger. Now, about 8 hours in it's mostly faded down to a perfumed apple with a hint of lemony alcohol, and is very close to my wrists. Another one that's a great pick-me-up but tends to fade a bit in terms of enjoyable staying power. Still, if this sounds good to you, or if you're a fan of apple scents this is absolutely worth a shot!

I didn't have the notes in front of me when I tested this, but I immediately thought "lemon and yuzu and maybe pineapple, floating in a flute of champagne!" Now I see that it's apple + ginger rather than pineapple, but either way it's a delicious, sparkly, delicate scent! Perfect for summer, and definitely one to get based on the notes rather than the name. ;)

In the imp: My first thought, straight out of the gate: gummy bears! Fancy gummy bears! My sister concurred, and sad "artisanal sour gummy worms." It really does remind me of some fancy gummy bears I once saw at an upscale grocery store - they had flavors like champagne & strawberry, or brut & nectarine (I think?). A bright, citrusy-fruity sweet scent. I really love the effervescence of the champagne! Champagne is one of those notes that usually doesn't play well with my skin, but it's been a few years since I tried anything with a champagne notes, so here goes...

Wet: Mainly lemon verbena (definitely *not* lemon - more herbal, less astringent), with a lively-but-not-overpowering little kick of ginger, and some omnidirectional fruit that I wouldn't be able to identify as apple without reading the notes. The sparkly, effervescent feeling remains, but I can't tell whether that's the champagne actually hanging around and doing something great on my skin, or the generally fun & uplifting combo of lemon verbena/ginger/fruit. This is a great spring/summer scent, light without being insubstantial.

Dry: After only about four hours or so, this is a barely-detectible, lightly fruity scent, not strong enough for me to determine what kind of fruit. There's also just a hint of something...resinous? herbal? Anyway, something else complicating the fruit, but like I said, it's barely the ghost of a scent; I really have to shove my nose into my wrist and huff to get anything at all.

Overall, this was a "light, bright, and sparkling" scent; grown-up gummy bears.

My first review!

I ordered this not for the notes so much as for the idea that the sinoatrial node is known as the natural pacemaker of the heart. This one was a real mindwalk!

In the bottle: Fulsome, lemony, perplexing.

Wet: Somehow, just like a bowl of ...Trix? Fresh out of the box, and ! dry. A little dusty. Pixie sugar lemony. We weren’t allowed sugared cereal at home growing up, so wherever that association is coming from, it’s got a young child’s safety, rejoicing, really special occasion vibrancy.

Dry: The champagne and/or apple pulp comes forward to “wet” and also “weight” the fragrance. Same sensation as standing alone in a tranquil swimming pool and with a serene smile, submerging and swimming forward. Just the sparkling water, all to yourself. Divine and happy. I definitely get flowers here, white ginger in the garden surrounding the pool.

Sometime later it shifts to a champagne/sunlit sparkling lemony clean, with an undefinable element of structured luxury. Not a household cleaning product, nothing like that. This is more like plush stacks of freshly laundered towels at a five-star hotel, right before you walk out to the private beach. White ginger gracious and present here, but not intrusive.

Finally, and this may sound strangely specific, 

A tender joyous kiss from the beloved, after sharing a piece of most elegant wedding cake. Very close to the skin but sacred, treasuring, and polite. Meyer lemon curd with eternal Love, and white ginger wafting in through open windows.

And then this scent disappears! More a reminder or a promise uttered along the way to fulfillment. Glad I got the 5 ml, because it’s a beautiful trajectory, an endearing one I will enjoy again and again as needed.

This scent would be great for a craniosacral or emotional rebalancing massage. Also for a wedding day, and then for every anniversary of that day, happily ever after. LOVE Sinoatrial Node.

In the decant: I am mostly getting the apple pulp and lemon verbena, backed by some ginger and a bit of champagne. I am surprised, as champagne is usually a really strong note.

On me: Lemon verbena and apple pulp are the first notes to jump out at me, with a twist of ginger. The champagne note ends up peeking out and gains strength after a few minutes, but it is not nearly as effervescent as it is in other blends. The lemon verbena and apple pulp continue to dominate the scent. It ends up being a predominantly lemon verbena blend with a touch of flat champagne that stays close to the skin.

Verdict: It was nice to be able to try this, but there are other champagne scents from the Lab that I enjoy more. I am really surprised at how tame the champagne in this one is, as it usually packs a punch.

Super bright lemon verbena, with a little bit of effervescence from the champagne. It's incredibly cheerful, and hangs close to the skin.