Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
daddy420

Glistening Waterfall

Patchouli and green apple with pink pepper, matcha tea, blackcurrant, lemon peel, and cacao.

I bought this out of sheer curiosity. I was like wtf is that gonna smell like. So many things going on. 2.5/5 for me, but based personal opinion.

Wet: Kinda gross to be honest. Very strong witch hazel smell. 

Dry: Matcha and Cacao come out. I don't get any Green Apple. No Lemon Peel or Blackcurrant. And maybe a little bit of Pink Pepper but not spicy. 

1 hour dry down: A light white musk. Not much there. Dies very quickly on me.

2 hour: Spicy matcha Pink pepper. I was sitting at my computer smelling some then realized it was the bpal. 

~Daddy

It smells like funky matcha apple in the beginning. It has a green element to it, but also an ammonia vibe to it. No cacao in sight. It slowly calms down and the pepper comes out. The drydown is so faint, i can hardly figure out what i'm smelling - i guess it's a subtle matcha patchouli with a sprinkle of pink pepper with added brightness from the apple.

On 4/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, theredkilt said:

It smells like funky matcha apple in the beginning. It has a green element to it, but also an ammonia vibe to it. No cacao in sight. It slowly calms down and the pepper comes out. The drydown is so faint, i can hardly figure out what i'm smelling - i guess it's a subtle matcha patchouli with a sprinkle of pink pepper with added brightness from the apple.

Such a weird scent right.

Nice sunny bright green apple floral with true patchouli leaf..that actually doesn't bash into it.  Who woulda thunk. Drydown: Its green apple that actually sticks around! Not getting any ammonia or weirdness.  Its just green apple, true patchouli and wafting florals.  Pleasant summer scent!

Bright green apple patchouli, and a whiff of lemon. It's mainly a bright green apple with enough patchouli to keep it rooted. Brighter than I expected. Good throw and wear length.

A conglomeration of every possible happy note ever, a party in the nose, wild and full of spring fever. It's a little bit of everything: some sour green apple jolly rancher, some currant tea (those two notes definitely fuse together in my nose), some sprightly sweet pepper. Even a year later, I don't get any cacao, and the lemon peel is very subdued, contributing just a sunny brightness rather than any specific lemony note, which I appreciate. A few hours later, this baby is all soft patchouli. If you want a joyous spring blend that is very unusual and not floral at all, here's your ticket. It's strong when you put your nose up to it, but the throw is very small, so it's quite good for office settings etc. 

A year later, and this is still a weird one. In the bottle, it smells like a green, sharp patchouli. The lemon note isn't nearly is prominent in bottle as it was a year ago.

Dry, this is patchouli with a dry green apple in the back, and a paste filled middle of macha and cacao. 

Part of why I find it so unsettling is my brain is telling me it should be sweet, but it doesn't smell sweet.

At first, I get some patchouli, green apple, and blackcurrant, swirled with cacao. Then the pink pepper adds a kick to the scent, and the lemon brightens it up a little. I thought this might morph a lot with so many different ingredients, but the patchouli quickly makes its way to the center stage and doesn't really let the other notes have a chance to shine. It settles into a black patchouli accompanied by some blackcurrant and apple on me, and the faintest whiff of cacao.

I wish the patchouli in this weren't so strong on me. I would have really loved to be able to smell that matcha!