Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Erotic Vegetables Hair Gloss

White cedar, tomato leaf, clary sage, woodmoss, sweet labdanum, clove husk, and leather.

Dark, masculine, woody!  I get clove and leather, and a bit of cedar.  The cedar is really nice—it’s like the scent of a nice cedar hope chest (as opposed to the dreaded hamster cage scent).

I wasn't sure about this one, and the lovely doomsdaydisco told me to test it on a paper towel first.

I'm so glad she did it saved my life. The first 5 notes are great on me. Amazing. Lovely. 

Right now the towel has sat for a bit, and is a sickening mixture of smoked clove, the plasticky whiff of leather (AKA the leather scent that makes me feel absolutely ill, not the good leather) and a roll of acrid labdanum.

This is probably amazing on someone. But I came into this begging for a mossy tomato clovey woody scent. And what I got was sweetened chemicals and sadness. 

I'm not a fan, but I do hope that I can pass this off to a loving home who dosen't have such a visceral reaction to this type of leather. 

It's so weird how differently blends work on different people! I swapped for clockwork's sample and when I put it on, immediately it shot up to the top of my all time favorites. The leather and woody/mossy/herbal notes blend together beautifully and perfectly with just the right amount of clove to give it a little bite. 

It's spicy, leathery, and smoky in all the right ways. Mysterious, sexy, and very red (redheads, you will crush it). If any of the notes listed work on you (especially if you love leather) you should hunt down a bottle. It's perfect.

I would put this in the same category as Emperor's Rams, and other types of red musk and dark incense dominant blends, but with clove. It's sorta like red-musk-plus; red musk recreated with other ingredients, and in the process amplifying the good spicy parts and toning down the sweetness. Basically exactly how I wished red musk actually behaved on me. 

It's a glorious blend. I wish this was a perfume but I fully intend to use the gloss as a body oil. And I'll be sad when the full bottle is gone. 

Edited by supreme_c0rt

I mainly get clove, leather, woody. It's this smoky clove, very masculine. Good throw and wear length.

Have been using this for a while, but only getting around to reviewing now.  I liked this one so much that even though I was broke as a joke at the time I got a backup.  For me, anything with the Lab's tomato leaf note is an automatic win.  On me, it's a very well-balanced mix of the tomato leaf and cedar, with a thin hard backbone of the clove husk tying things together.  I use this one as an all-over body spritz by itself, or layered with other things with clove or cedar in it.  If you get your mitts on this and Clove Cigarette from the special collab with Thorns, do it!  I really hope that the Lab brings back this one some day (along with my Holy Grail HG, Fire HG, but I digress).