Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellocentipede

Fancy-Free Hair Gloss

White musk, lemon peel, and ambrette seed.

I loooove this one!!  Lemon candy!! Happy, bright, tart, fresh, with a hint of sugar.  I’m excited, because lemon perfume doesn’t work on my skin, but it will be perfect in my hair!  😍😍

Somewhere between lemonade and lemon candy for me. It's not quite as sweet as a lemon hard candy, but it's definitely a pretty sugary lemon. I'm not getting any ambrette seed, I think the lemon is too overpowering. So, while it's a pretty and not overwhelming lemon scent, it's not very unique or complex scent.

My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I smelled this. 

This is a very bright, tart, lemon candy scent. I'm not getting any ambrette seed. It reminds me a LOT of Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat. If that sounds at all appealing to you, I'd highly recommend trying this out.

:heart: 

I snagged a decant of this because ambrette! has been my jam of late and I couldn't resist it in a simple(-ish) blend.  I agree with the above folks who say that this is a beauty. it is! lightly musky, slightly sweet not-cleaner-lemon candy indeed. if I'd read the reviews vs going for a decant, the notion of lemon candy in my hair wouldn't have caught my eye/nose/wallet etc. but I'm super glad to have this. i'm not into wearing foodie or sweet smells lately, but this one doesn't really feel like either of those things. bright, happy (fancy-free indeed!), with depth added by the ambrette. as I fidget with my hair throughout the day, what it really reminds me of are the lab's absinthe blends, which I adore.

throw and wear-length wise, this is kind of a...sleeper agent? meaning that if I leave my hair up and untussled, this is unobtrusive.  but even after ten+ hours, I shake or adjust my hair and I get lovely, generous wafts of this. it brings a smile to my face, so it's nice to have on-demand access to a mood brightener.

Fancy-Free started off like lemon candy but then became more like a tart, realistic lemon after the initial spray. I could never pick out the ambrette -- it was all lemon, all of the time, for as long as it lasted (I could not smell it in my hair by the end of the day). It's a nice lemon scent that would indeed pair well with scents like Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, and I am so glad I was gifted a decant! But I don't think I need to hunt down a bottle of it at the moment, as I love Cabbage White Caterpillar HG more with its lemon sugar. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco