Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellocentipede

Informal Tea Hair Gloss

Green tea, white sandalwood, and white amber.

A refreshing and pretty neutral green scent that will be great in spring and summer.  This is close to Shanghai.  Green tea and sandalwood.  I really can’t imagine anyone not liking this scent, it’s lovely and inoffensive.  

A really bright, refreshing tea scent. (If I didn't know any better, I'd say there was some type of citrus note in here.)

This one may be a big bottle upgrade; it's really, really lovely. If you're into tea scents at all, I highly recommend trying this.

I feel bad that Informal Tea has so few reviews, but it's because of its very nature: there's not a whole lot to say about it. It's exactly what it says on the tin, a light and cheery tea with the barest hint of something else. Like green tea fragrances? Get this. End of story.

I am loving this, but I was pretty sure I would, since green tea and white amber are two of my all-time favorite notes. Informal Tea HG is just a beautiful springtime green tea that is perfect for the office, somehow both crisp and soft, its throw light and intimate. I tried on some Shanghai for comparison and they are indeed in the same family, just Informal Tea replaces any citrusy notes with those smooth amber and sandalwood undertones, so if you're not into lemon with your tea, this is fantastic.

Elegantly simple, and not boring at all if you enjoy tea as the star of a blend. It would also pair fabulously with so many oils, because nothing will clash with a skin scent that has more sassy notes ;) 

I apparently never reviewed this.

This was the one hair gloss that I upgraded to a bottle from this year's Luper update. It's got that clean, perfume-y green tea note from scents like Shanghai and Embalming Fluid, but it's backed by some white sandalwood and white amber (I get more of the sandalwood from it). It pairs wonderfully with other green tea scents and scents with pale resins (it goes well with Galerie des Glaces), but you could probably pair it with just about anything. It's simple, inoffensive, and work-friendly.

I had been wanting a green tea hair gloss for a while, and since Shanghai HG is not a thing, I decided to grab a bottle of this one (because violet and I are not friends, which ruled out the other green tea HG for me). The little sprayer I had of this just wasn't going to be enough, and I am glad that I grabbed a bottle before it left the website.

If you love the green tea note from the scents I mentioned above, this won't disappoint! :)

Clean, fresh green tea but I do not get any of the citrus brightness I normally do. The amber sweetens and warms the scent beautifully, and I get a touch of powdery softness from the sandalwood.