Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ellocentipede

Mischievous Cat Hair Gloss

White and golden amber, peach juice, green cardamom, vanilla cream, frankincense, yellow sandalwood, golden patchouli, and mandarin.

This one is a playful and unusual scent!  It’s like peach nectar and green cardamom (definitely green and fresh, not dried) ice cream in a fragrant wooden bowl.  There’s lots of peach juice here.  I love the cute kitty on the label!!  

It’s funny...I’m not getting a whole lot of fruit like I would expect. However, this is my new favorite gloss and I struggle not to use it every day! Something about it reminds me of the Amber goodness of IBT, but much lighter with a hint of fruit. This is a winner and I need a backup!! 

Upon first spray, I'm hit by a blast of juicy peach!

When it dries it the hair though, I'm really just left with a sweet, warm amber type of scent. The fruit doesn't stick around, at all. I was REALLY looking forward to a warm-golden-peachy hair gloss, and this fell a bit short. (... in my hair.)

I think this is nice, but for me it's not unique enough to grab a big bottle of.

Mischievous Cat HG is mostly golden amber and peach juice on me with a bit of green cardamom. The peach juice is present, but I feel like the golden amber (one of the ambers in the lovely Pa-Pow HG) is the star here. The peach juice in this isn't too sweet at all. It pairs wonderfully with Fair Maiden Side-Eye.

I already have Pa-Pow HG and White Peach and Incense HG, so I am not sure I need a full bottle of Mischievous Cat, even though I love the cat on the label. If I didn't already own these, though, I would need more of this.

On my hair this opens with a powdery blast of ambers with a biiig scoop of peach ice cream to sweeten them up. Quickly though, it fades to almost a single-note white amber with a touch of sandalwood. Not bad by any means, but... I was really hoping for that peach to stick around, or for the cardamom to show up at all. I would like to note that my decant absolutely refused to stay mixed for more than a second so that may be affecting it; however, as I already have a fruity amber HG that I love (Golden Apple/Sandalwood/Amber) I don't think I can justify a full bottle of this to see if it's just a decanting issue. If I didn't have that, though, I definitely would grab this. It may not have complexity on me but there's nothing wrong with a good white amber and it is quite yummy.

I am not one for ambers, they go kinda perfumey on me. I grabbed this because of all the fruit, and it doesn’t disappoint. However, because of the ambers, cardamom, patch, it has a sort of creamy, musky quality. And there’s a depth that gives this a grownup edge, and doesn’t smell like a fruity scent for kids. This is light and dreamy. It doesn’t last long in my hair. I’m left with a slightly tangy peach-ish amber that is comforting to catch whiffs of. I definitely recommend this if you’re wanting something peachy that is evocative of Lupercalia and the Shungas. 

Oh-hoo-hoo!! This product reminds me I'm helplessly addicted to BPAL. Haha! I bought this one for my wife, but she forgets about it, however I'm using it often. To me the scent is very uplifting, & comforting, as well as elegant, posh, & everything I cannot describe. Visions of falling into piles of silk, flowers, & golden beads of Amber. This & Peepshow are the only hair glosses I own, but I definitely want more. Thanks to BP Trading Post Etsy page for the special finds.

Peach, amber, and sandalwood. This is a very warm peach blend. Very elegant, smooth, peach. Sophisticated.