Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Sacred Talisman Bath Oil

Wildflower honey, broom flower absolute, iris concrete, and gardenia.

Just got this and decided to take it to the tub fresh from the mail.  I have very dry skin, and I really love the feel of the lab's bath oils, so I'm a little more forgiving with the scent than I would be for a strait perfume.  If this were a perfume, I probably wouldn't keep it, but as an oil, I'm pretty happy.

Overall, this is a musky/musty floral on me.  I'm getting very little gardenia, maybe just a bit of lushness in the opening, but this doesn't smell "white floral" to me.  I don't get a lot of honey either.  I am not super familiar with the lab's wildflower note, and I know nothing about broom flower, but I suspect that's what I'm getting the most.  It's almost a warm, brown herbal smell.  The iris is a bit dusty, and I can smell it blending with a softer gardenia in the background, but they aren't the prominent notes to me.  This isn't overly sweet, and it's not a standard or grandiose floral.  It does have sort of a vaguely musty, sweet skin smell that I haven't smelled in anything else.  I'm almost getting a chamomile vibe.  Anywho, I'm curious to see how this smells once it's had time to settle in, and I'm curious to see other's reviews.  :) 

ETA:  I read up on broom flower, and the fragrance is described as reminiscent of orange blossoms and grape.  Now that the oil has has time to sit, I AM getting a less musty, more fruity smelling concoction that I am quite happy with.  It actually reminds me a bit of a gentler, less sweet Fairy Wine.  Quite lovely for spring. :smile:

Edited by VetchVesper

I’m really not sure what I’m smelling here.  It’s really hard to describe.  It smells kinda smoky?  Like floral and honey incense?  I think I’m smelling the iris concrete and wildflower honey. I’m not getting any gardenia.

I too am getting a bit of a honey floral incense vibe, but not burning incense more that sweet, sort of powdery smell of the stick. The wildflower honey is rich and sweet and exactly what I hoped for. We have a lot of broomflower here (gorse) and I'm getting that sweet-coconutty floral scent. It mixes well with the gardenia, and the scent doesn't go too tropical or heady. Iris/orris doesn't generally do well on my skin, but here it is just a soft powdery (in a nice way) touch.