Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Coconut foam, Siamese benzoin, Himalayan cedar, translucent petals, lilac milk, and mallow.

From the bottle, this smells buttery, coconut, marshmallow.  I'm excited.

Fresh on, this is milk, chewy, syrupy coconut milk, with the benzoin adding a bit more depth to the foodiness.  

I'm really looking for the lilac or petals... but am not really finding either.  It's settling into a very rich, dense, marshmallow/vanilla resin scent, with a little sprinkling of coconut.  

Hrm.  Either the flowers are so well blended that they're hard to find, or perhaps this is more about the foodier notes.  It's still very potent, and would please coconut lovers and marshmallow lovers.

This scent is extraordinarily loud in the bottle, surprisingly, a loud, super-buttery coconut. On the skin, at first it's still intensely buttery coconut, but the mallow and benzoin try to round it out. For awhile, they fail completely. Finally, the overwhelming butter draws back, and the delicate, creamy lilac shows up. The coconut is still there, but the lilac becomes its equal. If you're afraid of cedar, I can't detect it at all in this.

Beachy-clean on my skin. Much more floral than previous reviewers' experiences. Its lilac, coconut, white florals and musk hair conditioner. Tropical, floral, and a bit earthy from the benzoin. I'd put it in the family of Obatala,  Pele, or Hi'iaka.

ps: Black Phoenix Eggplant Lab...haaa! Worth buying the bottle for that little label surprise.

Edited by SophieCedar

Coconut and lilac!  I agree that this is clean and beachy.  I like this a lot.  It’s a unicorn lounging on the beach and airing his bits.  

Buttery marshmallow and coconut, with a whiff of lilac. Coconuts, marshmallows, and lilacs. With a touch of cedar on the drydown. If you have been salivating for a coconut-marshmallow blend, look no further.

Very cozy, warm pillowy marshmallow coconut scent. Not too sweet or tropical. I get just a tiny bit of cedar and creamy lilac at the end. Dreamy scent. 

In the bottle: Buttery coconut. 

Wet on my skin: Buttery coconut and marshmallows! Tiny whiff of lilac starts to come out as it dries.

Dry: I honestly had no idea what to expect from this, because it's pretty far out of my normal "style." It sounded so good that I just HAD to try it, however, and I'm glad I did. That buttery marshmallow coconut with a hint of lilac combines to form a sum of parts that smells, on my skin, like I doused myself in Lucky Charms marshmallows and a bit of the sweetened milk from the cereal bowl. It's unlike anything else in my collection, and I adore it. :wub2: 

Wow. This scent is so strange and pearlescent, and my experience of it seems to change minute by minute! As with the other posters, this starts off as pure coconut meat with loads of butter. So much so, that I thought this was going to be crazy-foodie, but that quickly backs off and for me the translucent petals start to appear. This is a delicate white lilac, not those drowsy purple ones, swimming in milk. In still getting back-hints of butteriness and an occasional whiff of coconut. This is amazing scent, and I can't wait to see how this morphs even more. 

So Unicorn Junk immediately brought back childhood memories of some bubble bath I had as a kid, which surprised me b/c I wasn't expecting an aquatic note, but it is there in that "foam" descriptor.  Lots of lovely coconut foam.  At first, I get a blend of Obatala coconut and the Sea Foams Milk (which I am quite fond of).  It's very beach spa.  Complicating the fragrance, in the best way, is a thread of golden, marshmellowy vanilla that wafts in and out from the benzoin and mallow.  The lilac creeps in towards the dry down as the potent coconut calms, and by this point, it's a very unique and lovely blend.  I kind of want a bottle of this for summer, even though aquatics are usually not in my wheelhouse.  I shall have to see how long it wears.  :)    

P.S.  Cedar is usually a no go for me, though I took a chance on this one b/c Himalayan cedar seems to be milder and less offensive on my chemistry.  I'm not having any cedar issues here.  It's just all lovely.  :heart: 

Edited by VetchVesper

Wet: Coconut milk flavored marshmallow. Suuuuper creamy, and not too sweet. I'm a little terrified about the cedar note(which is on my oh-no-nos list), but it doesn't seem to be detectable so far. 

Dry: Kind of an overly-sweet and slightly plastic-y coconut marshmallow scent.

My skin is protesting this!

Sweet, buttery coconut, just short of being foody on me. I cannot pick out the other listed notes on me, they blend together to create a slightly floral and woody base for the mallow and coconut. My absolute favorite of the Junks (tehe) and one of my favorites for this year's Lupers.

Very random, but as it wears, it reminds me more and more of Green Coconut from Lush (which I am excited about, as that bath bomb has been discontinued).

I'm annoyed with myself - I fell hard for another scent I was testing and slathered it everywhere, headless of the other things I was trying to test...I ended up reapplying this in a weird spot on my shoulder, and while it was stellar when I applied, I can now hardly find the spot...I guess I'll have to do it over!

Wet: Mmm, this is good wet. Marshmallow and coconut. Reminiscent of Maiko with Hair Unbound on me, but more beachy and less foodie. The wood adds to the beachy vibe. I don't get any lilac, sadly. This is great though. I keep telling myself no more coconut, and I NEVER LISTEN.

Dry: Really does remind me of Maiko, I'll have to do a side-by-side to see if I need to keep both. I love it though. Slightly gourmand, slightly beachy coconut and marshmallow. It somehow manages to be "airy" as well. Great! (But seriously, I do not need any more coconut!!)

Edited by LizziesLuck

Unicorn Junk is super buttery coconut and marshmallow at first, with the coconut foam being the most prominent note, but over time, I start to get some lilac milk (yay! it's rather light, though) and benzoin, and it becomes less foody. The benzoin ends up being a main player after a few hours, but the coconut and mallow are still present. I never pick up on the cedar, for those who are averse to the stuff!

I am not a huge fan of coconut, but I like this a lot more than I thought I would. I am not sure I need a bottle, because I doubt I'd reach for it enough to warrant one, but I'll retest my decant (which I plan to keep!) before the Lupers depart just to be sure. :)

Dusty coconut at first.  I'm not really fond of the lab's coconut note because it smells pretty dusty on me.  I was curious, though, so had to at least try it.  After a few hours, the dustiness actually fades, and we're left with coconut, mallow, and a sweet whisp of lilac.  I like it at this stage, but it takes too long to get there.  I'm not a huge coconut fan, but like it on occasion when I need to have a bit of tropical in my life. I will keep the decant, it is quite pretty (but only after the dustiness fades!)

Unicorn Junk is super foodie and thick right out the gate. It's dominantly coconut, butter, and milk. The butter note reminds me a lot of Utter Sophistication (udder sophistication? >_<). The lilac and cedar are barely there. It takes a while for that thick dairy cloud to subside, and the lilac does come forward then, but never louder than a whisper. Fully dry, I think VetchVesper has it; The Sea Foams Milk + Obatala. Foodier than both though. So much milk. 🐄