Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A pressure drop as a result of relaxation: French lavender, luminous Corsican juniper, benzoin, honeyed carnation, wild hops, and blue musk.

Very much a beautiful lavender when wet.  I anticipate this would be an excellent bedtime scent.

After it sits for a while, I'm getting a bit of that rich slightly sweet resin from benzoin, but it's just a hint.  The carnation is a delicate white whisper in the background, just enough, without being too flashy.  I love carnation.  There's a bit of a hoppy/herbal backdrop from the juniper and hops together, grounding it a bit.  I think the blue musk (which generally evades my detection but is present) is lending an ethereal whisper glow to the whole blend.  It's so elegant and restrained!  

TKO for me is nice but often too sweet, this seems a nice alternative.  Going to give it some wears, including bedtime.  If this helps me drift off to sleep... there may be multiple bottles of this in my future...!

Carnation, hops, benzoin, and whiffs of lavender. This one is a clean resin musk with spiced carnation and lavender. Medium throw and wear length. Very comforting.

The first note that hits me is the lavender, it is dry, airy and herbal like the one in Waiting. The blue musk is fresh, clean like just after rainfall.I think the juniper is contributing to the fresh herbal scent but I can't pin it.  The hops creeps in more, green and herbal and just a touch bitter. The spicy carnation and sweet benzoin become more prominent as it dries. Dry everything is really well blended. A soothing, airy herbal scent. 

Fresh!

First on, I get loads of cool, fresh blue juniper, tinged purple with a little lavender. This cool and ginny juniper is just owning me. I'm kind of juniper's bitch right now.

In early drydown, I amp hops -- as my skin seems to do -- and then I have a deeply herbal juniper.

Blue musk comes out of hiding. The resulting cool, shimmering combination of notes reminds me of watching the blue-aqua light-shadows on the sides of a pool. 

That's actually where this blend stays on me: blue-aqua pool shadows.

In the decant, I smell lavender, honey, and a hint of hops.

On me, it's HONEY and lavender, and then changes to LAVENDER and honey, before the honey takes over again. I think it's the same kind of honey from C%^T. Those two notes steal the show for quite some time, but after a while, the hops note becomes more prominent, making me think of a honeyed Fuck This Heat without the ice note. I also get some juniper. I usually amp carnation, but here, I only get a bit of it in the background, where it's mingling with the benzoin.

If you liked Fuck This Heat but wish it had some sweetness to it, Mitral Valve will probably be up your alley.

Edited by doomsday_disco

opens with a blast of herbal lavender and a touch of juniper.  then the benzoin and hops step up and lend a dry sophistication. the lavender instantly smoooooooths out. I think I get a hint of carnation's spice, but that note--which can easily amp on me--stays in the back, a nuanced supporting player. likewise, the honey adds just a bare touch of sweetness. ultimately this is a dry and regal blend.  I can see this going easily from mettings in your corner office to a formal cocktail event, but it'd be too proper (stuffy if it weren't so pretty) to wear to that weekend rager.  I've been dabbing this on when i get home from work. i like it, but can't vouch for how long it lasts as i fall asleep and it's gone when I wake.  

Mitral Valve starts out, as nearly every lavender scent does on me, with a strong blast of lavender -- here a honeyed lavender.  As it dries down, the lavender recedes in place of juniper and cool musk.  There's an herbal backdrop of hops, but I never really get much carnation.   The lavender fades quickly, as it always does on me, leaving a honeyed herbal evergreen, soft and lovely.  I'm going to try this decant as a sleep scent and see how it works.