Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Humorous Copulation

Amber cream, white tea, lemon peel, and lotus root.

In The Bottle: Lemon, cream and a touch of lotus. :smilenod:

Wet On Skin: A bit of the white tea is coming round now, making this smell like a tea party with lemon cake! :D 

Dry Down: Tea leans a bit toward the lemony side of things anyway on me, and this scent therefore has both a "high" and "low" lemon note in that the low is more of a foodie, lemon curd variety and the high is that clean, bright lemony tea. It's a lovely combination. The amber cream seems to be way more cream than amber, which is not a bad thing, though I'm curious to see how it'll age. The lotus can be a bit iffy on me, and I was worried it would turn soapy but so far it's behaving itself, if juuuuust barely ;) 

In all, I think this will be a fine scent as we move out of late winter and into spring. It's a very bright and sunny daytime scent and if you're a gourmand fan, you should definitely give this a try.

Creamy lemon, white tea, and lotus root. This is a creamy lemon/white tea blend. It's clean, creamy, and lemony. Gender neutral. Great throw and wear length.

Creamy lemon curd, white tea, and a touch of delicate lotus root. 

My experience is like VioletChaos's: a creamy, curdy dessert lemon coupled with the clean lemony note of white tea. Much more cream from the amber cream than amber. The eastern touch of this lotus root is delighting me in this combination. It's subtle on my skin, but it's an out-of-the-ordinary twist.

This is more gourmand than I expected -- from the curd -- but it's just gorgeous. This is a perfect mood blend for the winter-to-spring transition. Very pleased with this blind bottle!

Wet: Bright, sugary lemon with tea and cream! Has a dessert feel to it, but it's not as sugary-sweet as Lemon Scented Sticky Bat (where it smells more like lemon icing).

Dry: While the lemon and tea smelled like different entities during the wet stage, I'd say now the scent is very much.. lemon tea. (A faint lemon tea, at that.) Not nearly as sweet as the wet stage, either; just the natural sweetness coming from the lemon.

I like it and will hang on to my decant!

Mostly just tea on me, with a touch of lemon.  I wish the amber came out more, but for now it is MIA.  Reminds me of Embalming Fluid, so I don't need any more.

ETA:  Fades into nothing pretty fast

Edited by milo

Lemon and lotus on me. The tea and cream mellow out the lemon and the lotus root gives it a strong floral leaning. As the scent wears, the lotus becomes stronger until it almost begins to dominate the scent.

It's a simple joyous scent. Creamy lemon lotus. Doesn't last long, though. However, very pleasant and light. Reminds me of last year's Luper "Hojojitsu", but the latter was much more complex and longer lasting and that had almond and red currant notes. 

In the bottle: Lemon meringue pie!

Wet on my skin: This smells for all the world like lemon bars and a hint of lotus at first. Within a couple minutes, it's like eating lemon bars while drinking lotus-infused green tea (I actually have some green tea with lotus flower, and it does smell like that). 

Dry: As this dries, the lemon curd fades a little and it instead becomes a creamy, lemony white tea with lotus wafting about atop it. A hint of that sweet dessert lemon does remain, but stays close to the skin in a blend that already seems to be more of a skin scent than a throw scent on me. It's a fairly soft and simple scent, and will be excellent for days when I want to wear a scent but need it to be unobtrusive and fairly undetectable more than a foot or two away.  

Lupers were so deep this year that this didn't make my cut for decants, and I'm only trying it now thanks to a generous swap partner.  Humorous Copulation is delightful.  At first it's all lemon curd, and hurray for creamy sweet lemon curd!  Then I get the bright tea note and the sweet lotus, which pulls more and more of the weight over time, but it doesn't go bubble gum on me here, perhaps tempered by the tart lemon peel.  I don't get a lot of amber in the cream -- it may develop more with aging -- but this is a lovely, lighthearted spring-summer scent, safe for work.  

Unf this is so huffable. I can't believe I didn't review it yet, I ended up backup bottling this 2019 Lupercalia, it was that good. It's all the good parts of Dead Leaves, Cream Amber, and Lemon Peel HG minus the bad parts (mainly, dead leaves :D ). Thick, creamy resin swirls into sweet lotus (like honey but less sharp and more watery-floral) and the light herbiness of white tea for a creamed/lemoned/sugared tea effect. It's strong, luscious, with excellent throw. Like Snake's Kiss without the snake oil that can be problematic for some, Humorous Copulation is a flamboyantly happy cream with just enough sugar and lemon to make it a very indulgent cup of tea indeed. 

my skin usually amps amber and cream notes, but there's barely any to be found here for me. odd. on me this mostly astringent-y lemon tea, and overall just reading as more higher-octave top notes than i can enjoy.  very spa-day kind of vibe.