Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Overlooking the Garden

While we were at Versailles, there was a bomb threat on the premises, and we were unable to see the garden due to the evacuation. It’s difficult to convey how challenging and heartbreaking it has been to explain things like this to Lilith, from shooter drills at school to bomb threats in palaces. We live in difficult times.

A perfume of hope for a brighter tomorrow: sun-dappled amber, yesterday’s rain, and fresh-cut grass.

This is truly beautiful and one of my favorites from this collection.  It smells like sun on damp grass after a rain.  Sometimes grass notes tend to take over a scent for me, but it's really nice here.  The rain note is a gentle aquatic--not sharp at all.

Garden Path with Chickens, is that you? This is grass, a whiff of florals and amber. Ugh, gorgeous. Light, fresh, grass. Good throw and wear length.

Spring-like aquatic greenery flowing into amber and a soft, blended musk.

For me this has much of the mood of The Queen of Earthly Paradise and Qui Aime Bien Châtie Bien, except with a flowing grass-and-greenery vibe instead of the slightly quirky spring flowers of those blends.

This is a beautiful spring and summer blend that will morph into a bottle. ❤️

This is beautiful. I got a decant but need a bottle. On me, it smells like daffodils and apple blossoms, and sunshine on raindrops. Very spring/summer, youthful, hopeful, positive.

Overlooking the Garden smells lovely, but it is one of those scents that I'd rather have as a room scent than wear myself.

In the decant, I get the rain (which smells somewhat soapy), grass, and wildflowers.

That's what I smell on my skin as well, with the amber note coming out more as it sits on my skin and giving it that sun-warmed feel, but never overtaking the dewy grass and flowers. I think kscha2017 may be right about the daffodils, which is a floral note that I wish popped up more often!

I don't need a bottle, but I do think it is a nice, hopeful scent that would be perfect to wear during the spring. :)

this reminds me of on the porch in the rain in the aquatic-vibe sense, but "rain" is just about the only "aquatic" i can do - it smells fresher, less sharp, aaalmost soapy, but like clean earth/air. this one seems even more "springtime" tho with the grass instead of bamboo. .the grass might be a little much/too literal for me to personally want to wear, but if you're into that you'll like it 😛 the amber adds a sweet, sun-kissed quality, but on my skin it almost clashes with the grass. overall, I'm happy to be wearing it today after what feels like years of rain (i'm a California girl, I have no tolerance lol), hoping the sun will come out soon. it's a nice mood-scent and i'll enjoy my decant in this winter-spring transitional rainy weather, but it's probably not what i want to smell like regularly. regular wear and throw.

I can't resist the idea of grass mixed with amber. Just in time for spring!

Wet: Unfortunately the rain aspect is veering this into laundry detergent territory. Hopefully the amber comes through to ground it eventually. The grass note is a bit bitter initially. So far this is not what I was hoping for am not loving it.

Dry: This dries slightly better, but still totally smells like laundry to me. It's very nostalgic. Not sure if it's soft enough for me to get away with wearing it to work, but I might give it a go. Regardless, I don't need more than my imp, I have other grassy smells I love more. Sadly the amber never showed up, which is odd because I amp it to high heaven usually.

Someone mentioned daffodils and apple blossoms, two must-have florals for me, and this went from "pretty, but probably not something I'd want to wear" to "I want to wear that right now".  Safe to say, this is a beautiful and atmospheric blend that does not disappoint!  It does really effectively remind me of rain, but that note isn't soapy or anything like that on me.  The grass note worried me - I'm not sure if I had any reason to believe it would amp, but did - but it's very pretty and blended with some spring-y florals, plus the amber is so golden and grounding. 

I absolutely get daffodil out of this.  It's possible there's apple blossom, maybe tulips in here, but daffodil is the only note I for sure recognize.  The amber hangs on forever, as it always does, with a couple of floral notes clinging to it faintly.  

This would make a great room scent, with that rain-and-grass combination in the background, but the floral and amber dominant aspect of it make it a stunning spring perfume, too.