Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Beware: Pickpockets!

Brian: “Lilith is always up for staging a hammy, fun photo. Here, I’ve found a Distracted American Child at Weihnachtsmarkt am Alexanderplatz and am very subtly and skillfully picking her pocket.”

Lilith: “We saw a sign on the ground that said Pickpockets! – and me and Unkie decided to pose like what the picture looked like. He let me pickpocket him for real after we took the picture and he let me keep the money.”

Neon pink grapefruit, lemon peel, petitgrain, and peppermint, all crunchy with sugar crystals.

Grapefruit, mint, sugar and lemon. This one is a very citrus based one, and honestly, very refreshing and pleasant. Medium throw and wear length.

A very, very sweet grapefruit, lemon scent. So sweet it takes it into candy territory for me. Especially as it wears, the sugar becomes stronger and it smells more like candied grapefruit. I am surprised as I am not getting the mint at all. I haven't done a direct comparison, but it reminds me of Red from Fraggle Rock, but with noticeably more sugar.

I could tell just from the initial sniffs of the decants I ordered that this one would be a highlight of the Winter Travelogues for me.

Beware: Pickpockets! is like Gobo without the vanilla cream. The sugar and citrus notes are the stars of the show here, and I swear there's a creaminess to the sugar, like in Gingerbread and Lavender Sugar. The petitgrain is not problematic whatsoever, and the peppermint is well-behaved. I can feel it cooling my skin, and it lends a light, refreshing, coolness to the scent, but there's no intense mint here. The citrus has some longevity to it, too! I can still smell it on me after several hours of wear. :dance:

If you ever wanted the sugary citrus of Gobo without the vanilla cream and don't mind a bit of mint, Beware: Pickpockets! is for you. Gobo is one of my favorites, and I am trying to tell myself that I don't need a bottle of this because they are similar... but I am not sure I will be able to restrain myself from obtaining more of this sugary citrus beauty. :heart: 

Oh this is sweet! 

Fresh on it's almost pure sugar on me, with what really is a neon bright grapefruit, almost like grapefruit candy floss!

Drying down the grapefruit takes over the sugar a bit, but it still retains the sugar. It's not too heavy and quite pleasant on me.

Even now, 11 hours later it still remains, a candy-grapefruit schmear on my wrists, which is surprising, as my skin can drink up lighter scents. 

I think I might get a bit of peppermint too, that could be boosting the sugar in quite a nice way on me, that really just blends together into a pleasant smell!

(Edit. After comparing to my mint box. It's a creamy mostly sugar peppermint)

It's not super "me", but I don't regret the decant at all, and I think this is a perfect pick-me-up scent if you like a bit of sweetness!

Edited by clockworkcrypt

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Imp: Gobo! I've got you in my collection already sir ;). You're like, one of my fav scents of all time.

Skin: I am freaking out that this smells like Gobo even on skin. What the heck man. Why is this creamy on me? I swear it smells like a Gobo 100% dupe. I'm going to have to wear one on each wrist to remind my brain how scents should work.

Dry: Peppermint made itself a bit more known, and takes a tiny step away from my favorite Fraggle. This is reminding me HARD of my Lick It Softly. Just a little easier on the peppermint. I didn't get much grapefruit outright - just a sort of mingled citrus zip which is fine by me (exactly the same as my purple-haired friend).

Most certainly crunchy sugar.

Verdict: LOVE. I mean, it's Gobo wearing Lick It Softly for the winter season. And Gobo, Sir, Lick It Softly is the scent MADE for you. Please continue wearing.

Gonna stockpile this baby since it's actually cheaper than Gobo *cough* and smells just a hair better.

A deliriously beautiful sweet grapefruit/vanilla combination. If Gobo and Baobhan Sith had a baby and the baby grew up to be Marilyn Monroe and she had a baby with Stephen Hawking and that baby grew up to be Lupita Nyong’o, she would smell like this.

I was expecting honestly more peppermint and bitter citrus notes. It reminds me so much of the 2016 Yule Cherophobia. It's a sweet cheery citrus blend, no bitterness, no peppermint, just sweetened/ sugared citrus fruits.

Definitely heavy on the sugar crystals in this one.  I do get the grapefruit, but it is very sweet, like candied grapefruit and vanilla.  I do like it, but nothing beats NAVA Pink Grapefruit Frankincense for an authentic pink grapefruit scent.  This one kind of reminds me of KnockOut drops, but less citrussy and with grapefruit instead of lemon.  I'll keep the bottle.