Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Ubi Bene, Ibi Patria

Lilith once told me that home is wherever her loved ones are. My sweet girl, may you always be surrounded by those who love and support you.

White musk and lavender, frankincense and amber incense, sugar cookies, rose petals, and Florida Water.

I get mainly lavender, and then incense, with whiffs of rosy Florida Water. For me, this is mainly a lavender-based perfume, warmed by incense, splashed with Florida Water. It's very soothing.

Very sweet and sugary on me, unpleasantly so in my opinion. I mainly get a mix of the sugar cookies and Florida Water, making for what I find to be a more child like scent dominated by sweetness. I do not get any lavender. As it wears I can tell the frankincense and incense became stronger, but never enough to pick out on their own, rather just to slightly take away from the sweetness of the scent.

Incense dominates the scent on my skin, although not as unpleasantly as in some perfumes. There's a hint of the sweetness of sugar cookies behind it that softens the incense. 

At first, this is like Carry Me and Meditation Buddy had a baby. It starts off with lavender and vanilla cookies with some incense in the background, but then the Florida Water joins in and makes it sweeter. Then the rose appears and quickly gains strength, and it's stronger than the rose found in Meditation Buddy. After several hours of wear, it is like a sweeter, stronger, more child-like Meditation Buddy on me. The frankincense and amber incense notes have become the main players along with the Florida Water and the rose. I do not get much lavender by this point, but the vanilla sugar cookie is still present, adding its sweetness in the background. Although white musk is listed as the first note, it is not a main player on me, but I suspect it is helping to ground the scent.

If you liked Meditation Buddy and wish it had a little more oomph, you'll probably enjoy this one, too, although this one has more Florida Water and features lavender and vanilla sugar cookie notes instead of wax and salt. I already have bottles of Carry Me and Meditation Buddy, so I am not sure I need this one too, but I think I'll have to deathmatch it with Meditation Buddy just to be sure, because it is really lovely. :heart:

I'm in the camp that wanted to like meditation buddy..and for the most part did..but wanted it to have something "more." This might be it.

Wet/in the imp: smells spicy sweet, intriguing - goes on very much like bubblegum tho. Like pink bubblegum with some spice hmmm...

Drydown: the pink bubblegum vibe fades out pretty quickly , but it stays sweet (more sugar cookie I guess), but the sweetness is tempered by the incense and a touch of lavender - it's aaalmost floral but I wouldn't call it rose if it weren't listed. straight rose rarely works on me, but the lab's "rose petals" for some reason is usually ok. this isn't even "rose petals" to my nose tho - it's almost more like carnation since there's some spice in there. the Florida water isn't aquatic per se but combined with the amber it just gives this a floating, ethereal vibe. It's soothing, but in a daytime wear way for me.

Average wear and throw. This could be a surprise hit of the Lilith travelogue for me.

Edited by slo

I adore Meditation Buddies, and since this has similar notes (and I bravely resisted a backup of MB), I had to try this.  The two scents are in the same scent family, but where MB is more ethereal,  Ubi Beni, Ibi Patria has a bit more substance form the sweet vanilla vibe of the cookies.  It is not overly sweet .Funnily enough,  although MB seems more "delicate"  as I death matched the two twice this wee, MB actually lasts longer. The Florida Water and light rose  notes are so lovely!

It starts out with a bit of sharp freshness from the Florida Water, which quickly turns into a sugary incense. I only get a sort of brown sugar sweetness from the sugar cookies, not any sense of baked goods. The lavender starts coming out and this stage is beautiful, comforting and warming, but not very strong. 

It fades to a very faint incense shored up by a load of lavender. It's soothing but I definitely need to slather, and I wish the incense held up a bit better against the lavender, but it's still a beautiful scent.

I get more oomph out of Meditation Buddy, this one is like the sleepy little brother of that scent.

Edited by beezzzkneez